Parents Magazine

Baby, you're gonna make yourself late." Chris says.

"They can't wait." I say quietly, walking slowly to the nursery.

"Mariska," He says, lifting the baby from my arms, "Just go. Jolene is gonna be mad if you don't make this interview."

"Well Jolene works for me." I say, "She's my publicist, not my mother."

"Baby, you have bailed on this interview four times. It's kind of important." Chris say.

I roll my eyes. 

"I told them I was going to put my daughter to bed for the night before so went over. They wanted to interview me at six. It's not my fault." I say.

"Go. We'll be fine." He says.

I lean in to kiss him before jogging out the door.

I get into my car, my bodyguard getting in next to me.

"Ditching the driver today?" He asks with a slight grin.

"As often as I can." I say, putting the key into the ignition.

"Got to say, Mrs. Meloni..." Dean says, "I've worked for a lot of celebrities but you're about as real as they come."

"You say Mrs. Melomi and I look over my shoulder for my mother-in-law." I say with a chuckle. "Call me Mariska, or almost anything else, Mackie, Rish, fuck, even Olivia, but not Mrs. anything."

He laughs.

"I am not old enough for that." I mumble.

"You this friendly with all the people that work for you?" He asks.

"You don't work for me, you work for my husband." I say somewhat bitterly.

Chris hired him after the incident outside of Ellen's studio despite my protests. It was supposed to be temporary, just until Olivia was born, but after she was born, Chris said he felt better with Dean around.

There wasn't much arguing with him on the subject. He said he wanted Dean around for me, but also for the kids, and I couldn't really argue with that. I like the idea that if neither Chris or I have eyes on the children Dean does.

"And yes, I am." I say as he smirks at me.

We pull up into the studios parking lot and Dean raises an eyebrow at me.

"Don't get me wrong but uh Parents Magazine?" He asks.

"When you have five babies by the age of thirty-two people expect you to have some idea about how to parent." I say seriously.

We get into the studio and I sit through hair and makeup which is relatively quick. They wanted a natural look.

The outfit they have ate out for me is simple, and yellow and white striped t-shirt and capri's.

I get dressed quickly, following the interviewers assistant out into the room where we'll be taking photographs.

I sit down in front of the white couch on the carpet, looking at all the of the stuffed animals around me.

All brand new versions of my kids stuffed animals.

They take a few pictures before I get up, sitting on the couch with the interviewer.

"We'll jut jump right in if that's alright?" She asks.

"Of course." I say, genuinely smiling.

As much as I don't like leaving the kids, I actually like things like this, being able to share my perspective and give my own unique insight about all the things everyday people are struggling through.