The Shower

Mariska vs. Connie and their dresses ^^

As much as I wish Connie would have forgetten about the baby shower she didn't. She planned every singular moment of it. And it's happening tonight.

It's quiet literally the biggest celebrity event this year. A black tie event. Hundreds of invitations went out a month ago. Everybody who's anybody got one. All courtesy of Connie.

We've been in hair and makeup for nearly two hours and I'm dreading every minute of tonight. The dress that I picked out two months ago is slightly too small, not enough so that it doesn't fit but enough that it's uncomfortable.

There's going to be party games, uncomfortable and forced conversations with people I barely remember and of course the same thing we've been enduring since the day we announced. Are we sure that we're only due a day apart.

Physically I'm bigger than her, yes. I've also been trough three pregnancies. Two in the last year and a half.

Not to mention the questions about whether or not Chris and I are married. We're not denying it but it's still frustrating that no matter how hard we try, we can't keep a damn thing about our lives private.

The one the thing I am looking forward too is the music. Because it's Connie's baby shower too she's not singing like we originally planned. Chip's going to get up and perform a few songs. So are Lennon Stella, Clare Bowen, Sam Palladio, Luke Bryan, Joshua Radin, Iron and Wine, Ingrid Michaelson, John Legend, Adele, Sam Smith, Brandi Carlile, Alisan Porter, and Thomas Rhett.

It's hard to believe Connie and our publicists managed to make a baby shower the go-to event of the year.

It's such a big event that somehow our publicist got it sponsored. By more than one company. The events being sponsored by Pampers, CMT, Country Music Radio, and NBC.

I have about 3 pounds of makeup caked onto my face and about a 100 bobby pins holding my hair perfectly into place.

And as uncomfortable as I am now, I know it'll be 10 times worse when I'm wearing a ball gown instead of a bath robe with 5 inch stilettos.

"You alright?" Connie asks, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"I'm good..." I say with a soft smile.

"You sure babe?" She asks, "You don't look like you're feeling well."

"I'm good, Honey." I say as she takes my hand.

The makeup artists and the hair stylists leave and someone comes in with the bags our dresses are in.

"If you ladies could follow me I'll take you back to the dressing rooms so you can get changed." She says.

"Why can't we get changed in here?" Connie asks. "Every other time I've ever been here I've changed in here."

"We just assumed that since there's two of you, you'd want privacy." She says.

"Yeah, we do." I say, "You can leave the dresses here on your way out but we're fine."

She nods her head, hanging the bags and leaving.

I help Connie into her dress, zipping the back up for her and she does the same for me.

"You look gorgeous, Honey." I say, tucking her hair behind her ear.

"So do you, Babe..." She says smiling at me.

"You ready to brave the masses?" I ask laughing.

"You know it." She says with a wink.

She takes my hand as we make our way out to the front line.