Connie and Chip

Mariska vs. Connie ^^

There's a loud knock on the door and I groan. We aren't expecting anyone which means it's someone who's on the list we gave to Ernie of people allowed up. I'm really not in the mood for one of a Chris's sisters impromptu visits.

I love her I do, but she just keeps dropping by.

I open he door and my jaw drops.

Connie.

"Rish!" She yells excitedly.

She throws her arms around me and I stumble back slightly.

"You gonna invite me in or just stare at me like everybody else in the damn world?" She asks with a grin.

"What are doing here?" I ask, picking up Bethany.

"Thought I'd come see my best friend and my god babies." She with a big smile.

"Connie you were here a month ago..." I say, crossing my arms. "What's going on?"

"I have a little surprise." She says. "I'm moving."

"Where?" I ask surprised.

"Here." She says. "Surprise!"

"You're moving to New York?" I ask shocked.

She's never liked New York much.

"Yes. But I meant here." She says. "I just bought the apartment next door."

My eyes go wide.

"Babe, say something. You're scaring me." She says.

"I'm just, wow!" I say. "Honey, what brought all this on?"

"Rish, I've been bouncing around from city to city, following the work. That's what all of us do. But I've got no roots. You and Chris and these babies are my only family." She says, "I want to have someplace to call home."

"Well we're happy to have you close to us." I say, pulling her into a hug.

She smiles softly but she looks like she has something to tell me.

"Are you okay, Connie?" I ask softly.

"I'm fine." She says with a forced smile.

"Honey... I've know you for 20 years. You're not fine." I say.

She starts to cry and I set Bethany in her bouncer before I pull Connie into a hug.

"Honey, what's wrong?" I ask quietly.

"I'm pregnant..." She says, still crying into my shoulder.

I wrap my arms tighter around her as she cries.

She finally stops crying and wipes the tears off her face.

I pick up Bethany to nurse her and Connie follows me back to her nursery.

I sit in the big padded rocking chair in the corner.

Connie stands in the doorway, looking at Beth.

"It's hard to be so upset knowing that at the end of all of this, I'll end up with a baby but..." She trails off.

"Honey why are you upset about this? You've always wanted kids..." I ask softly.

"It's not that I'm pregnant." She says, "It's... It's the baby's father..."

"Is he not happy about the baby?" I ask.

"He doesn't know about the baby." She says. "He's married."

I wait for to say something. She takes a deep breath before she continues.