epilogue

*PLEASE PLEASE DON'T HATE ME FOR ABANDONING THIS BOOK ADLHFASJD. I've had a busy year and this book just always slipped to the back of my mind, as bad as that sounds. it's here now, and i hope it's not as shitty as i think :(((( i'm sorry for putting it off for so long. you guys didn't deserve that :((((*

(so, as promised, i took ideas from quite a few of you! the beginning of this chapter is my own touch *cough beware cough* but i've decided to use a couple of your ideas. of course i twisted them my own sort of way, so they aren't exact, but they came from:

-@manolaelprince

-@HollyArnold8

-@shahdude78

-@Lana_1Dstan

you'll know your idea when you see it, hopefully! a lot of you had similar ideas, so i appreciate all of your comments! i thought about this a long time. thank you so much for participating and supporting this series. i hope this epilogue doesn't disappoint. love you all xx)

**HELLA LONG EPILOGUE (and it's unedited) YOU'VE BEEN WARNED**

EPILOGUE

EVELYN PANTS, RUNNING FASTER as her heart pounds in her chest. She can hear the gunshots behind her, the sound of screaming and pain. Tears blur her eyes, his body flashing through her mind for the umpteenth time since she forced herself to leave his side. It shouldn't have happened. It couldn't have happened. She refuses to believe.

He isn't dead. He isn't.

He can't be. Not after everything the two have survived together. It's always been together. It always will be.

She has to get to Robbie before they do. She doesn't know who "they" is, but it doesn't matter. There's always someone. There's always people out to get them when things finally start looking up. She doesn't care about who they are or what they want. All she knows is that they're shooting people, setting things on fire, and the kids are nowhere to be seen.

She hears a scream, followed by Robbie's voice shouting her name. Her eyes are burning. She's tired of this deathly fear. She's tired of having any fear. She wishes she could lay down and never get up again, never go through the same cycle over and over of almost losing everyone she loves.

She's breathing hard and her legs ache yet she runs faster. Robbie is screaming for her. She won't make it in time. She can't even see him. But God, is she trying to get to him. She's trying so damn hard.

Something smacks into her side, knocking her off her feet and into bushes. She gets up immediately, ready to brutally attack whatever is standing in her way of rescuing a little boy that's like a brother to her.

She stops cold.

Speaking of brother...

Max's unconscious body lays on the ground before her feet.

She looks up when she hears footsteps, her hands trembling with rage and fear and the desperation to die. She can't save anyone. She's failed them all. What's the point of her being in this world alone?

But Max is groaning. He's still alive.

Before she can drop to her knees next to him, a dagger flies past her head, followed by maniac laughter. She can't see the face. She doesn't recognize the voice.

"Time to say goodbye," the mystery man mocks.

Just as a a sword goes flying, pointed right at her chest.