Chapter 6

(Media picture of Maddison)

*edited*

Corey's P.O.V
**************

I scroll through some notifications. I have a follow request from a page called igotchu_on_cam?

What did I do? Do they have a picture of me kissing Maddison?

I start going through the pictures and this guy is actually kind of creeping me out but I find the post... unfortunately.

It's not me, but it's bad

It's not me, but it's bad. I'm not surprised that Jody would sleep with someone else... but I would've never thought that Keelan would do something like that. It's just a picture, it probably didn't go any further, because if it did I'd kick his ass.

I know this would break Maddison's heart if she saw this, and she'd be pissed knowing that Jody did this to get back at her.

I look over at Maddison's phone, she's sleep but her phone is still in her hand. If she realizes her phone is gone she'd wake up instantly, and I don't want her to find out about the page because I don't know how I'm going to comfort her without trying to seem like I want to be with her, even though I do.

Maybe she needs to see this, she needs to know that Keelan isn't her Mr.Right, or her Mr.Perfect. She needs to know that hes like almost every other guy and he's not perfect. But as her Bestfriend I shouldn't want to ruin the sight of someone she loves because I'm selfish, what a great friend I am.

I look at Maddison, the last thing I want is to break her heart, I don't think I have it in me watch her fight off sadness until I hear her cry at night because for 16 hours straight she feels the need to be strong, I don't want to be the reasoning for that. But the last thing I want is for me to show her and she looks at me and says something like "this is exactly what you wanted" and have me feel like a dick not know whether I did the right thing.

I sit lean back in my seat. This is just awful. Suddenly the car bounces and heavily and I hear my mom chuckle. "So kids, pot hole." I look at Maddison and she's slowly waking up, closing my time frame.

I quickly send a very wordy and misleading text to her phone that I copied and pasted from a conversation I once had with Jody before she came over. It's long enough to where the Instagram notification isn't showing.

"Can I see your phone?" I ask her, she looked at my odd.

"You're talking to me now?" She asked.

"I just need to delete something." I know my mom is going to ask me questions about what I'm going to say in a minute but I just hope it's worth it. "I sent you something that was suppose to go to Jody, but I sent it to you by mistake." He says. Look at the rear view mirror and my moms eyes met mine, she looked confused. Maddison sees the awkward stare that wouldn't break, I can see in her peripheral I can tell by the cornered smile that's trying to be hid.