Chapter 1

Chapter 1| In The Ocean

-edited-

Maddison POV

"...he told me I meant everything to him, he said that I was the apple of his eye, his moon at night, the pedals to his rose. Corey, he said he loved me, so many times." I cried into shoulder, pulling the fabric of his shirt that laid on his back. "And I loved him too." I turned my head on his shoulder and noticed it was wet. I get off of Corey's shoulder and laugh a little. "I got tears in your shoulders." I giggle a little.

He pulls me back and looks me dead in the eyes. "I can buy another shirt, Maddy, cry until your tear ducts are empty. Just know that I'm here for you, I always have and I always will." He smiled and hugged me once more. I pulled away and when I did he looked at his shirt. "Ok so it's been confirmed."

I wipe the tears off my face. "What's been confirmed?" I ask.

"That foundation, mascara, and tears makes a lovely stain on a shirt." He smiled.

I pushed him jokingly. "Shut up."

He smiled, not because of I was finally smiling but he had a idea. "Let's go to the beach, everything is better there. You will feel so much better there."

"Ok, but I won't get in the ocean." I tell him.

"Ok." He said waving his fingers as he walked backward.

"I mean it Corey, I don't want to get into the ocean." I tell him seriously.

"I promise I won't push you in the ocean." Corey promised.

"Thank you." I say.

"Now go get beach ready. Once we're there you won't ever think of Keelan." He says, which made me think of Keelan, which made me remember every memory of him we had. I heard Corey gasp. "I'm so sorry," he said coming to hug me, "I won't say his name again." I heard him murmur shit indicating that he's aware that he's a idiot.

"I'm going to get changed, and I will call you when I'm done." He released me and kissed my forehead before walking away.

I walk to my room, slowly and dismal. Me and Keelan were together for two years, he promised me the world, a life, and a bigger future than just us and maybe the family we wanted. He'd always talk to me about our life together and a family and us being old. I was there for him when his brother died, Keith, and he was there for me when my dad walked out on me and my mom as friends back then though. We both had things going on and we helped each other, I loved him and I thought he loved me.

I grabbed a pair of shorts and put on my white bikini top underneath my shirt.

Corey is my bestfriend, we've been best friends since diapers. Our dads were close until my dad left, his dad died. Yea, talk about a fucked up turn of events. Our dads were as close as Corey and I. But Corey is so smiley and amiable, this dude doesn't see the despondent, malicious, zealous, and idiocy of the world. He only sees the delicacy, lively, affliction, and desire the world gives. But he cares and he can be relentless, I mean showing a lot of joy means to hide a lot of anger so sometimes the littlest things can set him off, and when it does it's kind of scary. Corey is a merchandise that has been placed in my life that has a debt that can't be paid, but a treasure worth the debt.

A huge thud slammed against my door. "Uuggghh, you take forever." I heard Corey complain from the opposite side of the door.

I open my door and Corey fell in. I looked at me on the floor and smiled. "Get off the floor." I tell him. He rolled off his back and hopped to his feet.