Chapter Seven

**Annabeth Chase**

Nightmare

The waves crashing on the shore of the River Cocytus as it rushed past made it hard to focus on anything. The words that emanated from it were desperate. I could feel all of the pain that those in the river had felt, and it caused me to fall to my knees.

"Annabeth Chase."

I looked around for the source of the voice and when I didn't see one, I turned my focus back to the river. My legs stung where the glass sand pierced my legs. The blood seeping through my jeans was barely noticeable as despair coursed through me.

"Annabeth, didn't you hear me?"

I look up again and attempt to figure out who is trying to speak to me. There is no one anywhere around me, though I'm not surprised. Why would anyone be in Tartarus? Why was I in Tartarus?

"Really now, is it smart to ignore a goddess?"

The figure stepped into the light, revealing a woman that looked more like a ghost than a living person. The feeling of misery from the river intensified, and I started wonder what she was the goddess of.

"I'm sorry," I said slowly, pursing my lips. "I couldn't see you. I thought you were just a voice in the river."

"I don't remember the river ever calling names, do you?"

I frowned. She knew about my time in Tartarus? I supposed the fact that she was a goddess helped her know those things.

"I suppose not," I said slowly. "I don't mean to offend you, but who are you? What are you the goddess of?"

Scene Change

I looked around as the scene suddenly changed. When I saw Percy sleeping beside a distressed looking me, I wondered if that was what was happening in real life. Either way, I knew she had taken us to the room Percy was staying in on Olympus.

"My name is to remain unknown," she said, her voice laced with harshness. "You might already know some of my deities, Miss Chase. Your boyfriend is already trapped in a never ending loop of them."

I suddenly lunged at her, attempting to wrap my hands around the goddess' throat. My hands just passed through her ghostly figure, and I fell forward. She laughed viciously.

"You really think you can beat me in a dream?" she cackled.

"You're the one that is doing this to Percy!" I hissed. "I am determined to do anything that will get him back to normal."

"Perseus Jackson was just the beginning," she responded darkly. "Piper McLean was next and now my powers are washing over you, too. Your friends will all fall by my hand, and the war I wage on you will be won. I will defeat you, unlike your enemies before me. I hope you're ready to lose."

The End of Nightmare

"Annabeth?" my boyfriend said slowly, looking at me worriedly.

"I need to talk to Apollo," I said slowly. "Did he give you away to contact him?"

"He told me to pray really hard," he said shrugging. "Why?"

"I need to tell him something," I said, taking a deep breath.

Percy looked to be concentrating, and soon, the god of healing and prophecies appeared in the room. Poseidon was following, and by the look on his face, it was easy to tell he thought something was wrong. When he saw Percy, he looked him up and down.

"What is it, Percy?" Poseidon asked before Apollo could.

"I'm the one that wanted you," I said. "I just had a dream. Okay, maybe it was a nightmare. Either way, a goddess is causing this. I don't know who. I've never seen her before. She said that she was doing this to make it easier for her to beat us."

The two gods exchanged a glance before flashing out. Percy's gaze fell on me. He tried to curl up on me.

"I don't want their to be another war," he told me.

I sighed, feeling worn down. "I don't either."

7/31/17