Chapter 17: Actions Speak Louder Than Words

*Aria POV*

My alarm woke me up at 7 am. Shit. I have an interview today.

This was the week. The week where Noah and I would not talk to each other. The week in which I would have to decide what tattoo to put and where, or I would have to get a tattoo put somewhere on me. Knowing Noah, a cocky and cheeky boy, I was scared of the latter.

I was sleeping next to Noah, but he was on the other side of the bed facing away from me. *Sigh* I got up, went to the guest bathroom, and started brushing. I heard shuffling on the bed and soon heard the faucet turn on in his bathroom.

I was so concentrated on what he was doing that I noticed after around 10 minutes that I had been brushing the same tooth over and over again.

I finished brushing and got dressed to go to Paradise Resorts. (Picture above) I stayed up late a few days ago to look for jobs, in fact, any job that was close to me. And apparently, Paradise Resorts was looking to hire a receptionist.

I walked down the hall into the kitchen to grab something to eat, when I saw Noah making two omelets and some bacon strips. I noticed that the food was almost done, so I decided to stop being a lazy shit and make each of us a bowl of fruits, as well as pour us some orange juice.

He put my plate on one side of the table and his on the other end, so I followed suit and did the same with the orange juice and fruit bowls. We sat down and began to eat our food. I took a bite out of a mouthwatering piece of bacon and loudly moaned as I devoured it. I instantly blushed and luckily Noah probably hadn't heard because he remained expressionless, looking down at his plate. His jaw was clenched and he looked like he was struggling against something. Then I looked down at his food on the table. His fork kept trying to stab at a blueberry. I smiled but soon regained my composure. If I kept this up, I would lose any day now. The room was completely silent. The only sound that could be heard was the clinking of silverware now and then.

After I was done, I took my plate, threw off the scraps, and set mine in the sink. Without looking at him, I felt Noah's gaze on me. I picked up my purse, filled with some of the money Noah gave me, and called for a taxi outside. And then I was off, full of determination. With a goal in mind, I set my focus to the interview I was about to give.

It was 8 when I reached there, and it was time for my interview. I found the front desk, but lucky me. There wasn't a receptionist. I stood around for what seemed like an hour but in reality, it must have been a few minutes.

"Hi! My name is Melinda. Are you Aria?"

"Yes! Hello! That's me!" I smiled back at her.

We walked into a small conference room, and she began asking me her questions.

"Why would you like to be a receptionist?"

"I enjoy working with others. I have great communication and organization skills. I would love to be a receptionist here, as the environment, coworkers, and people are very friendly. I am willing to work with a long commitment. I learn quickly and work efficiently. I put each and every day to good use. With strong determination and sincerity towards my work I will contribute my best to achieve the goals of Paradise Resorts."

She nodded and wrote something on her paper.

"What are the main responsibilities of a receptionist?"

"I believe the essential responsibilities are to make guests feel welcome, manage hotel reservations, answer any questions about the hotel, selecting and keeping tabs on each room, preparing fines, taking payments..."