Chapter 7: Breathtakingly Ugly

*Aaron POV*

I barge into the hospital with Aria in my hands, rushing into the ER room. A male doctor offers to place Aria on a stretcher, but I growl at him. She's mine. I stand there for about 10 minutes until a female doctor walks in. Trusting her with Aria's life, I handover her unconscious body and watch as my beloved is hooked up to the IV. My beloved. No. This is not supposed to happen. I am not supposed to fall in love with her. This is not part of the plan. The plan was to keep my distance from her to not get killed, and to see how long it takes her to become jealous and hurt, just how she made me feel when I lost Kaden. Instead, here I am, rescuing my damsel in distress. I feel anger course through me, as the conceited part of my brain takes over. She is not good enough for me. Not the other way around. She doesn't look appealing at all, she is a distraction, she whines and cries about useless problems a lot, and as I would describe it, she is breathtakingly ugly.

I let my anger out on the first thing my hands find, and I suddenly feel my hands smashing a thermometer to pieces. Why hadn't I just left her there to die? The conflicted part of my brain will never have to make such a momentous decision ever again- between fate versus my personally-lead life. I need to tunnel my anger towards something else. I yank on her IV pole, and the tubes connecting to Aria's skin are pulled out, roughly. So harshly to the point that her skin slightly tears and starts to bleed. The heart-monitor erratically beeps, and I am rushed out of the room. Doctors start questioning why had I done what I had done. Honestly, I just wanted that bitch to die. I felt good. I felt successful, like my purpose in life has been fulfilled.

After she calmed down, I run into the room, wanting more. Doctors push against me, saying it would worsen her condition. But they are powerless against my strength. Thankfully, they gave up soon enough. I walk towards the center of the room and lean against the bottom frame of her bed. I continue to stare at her face— her revolting face, specifically, her closed eyes that I hope would forever stay shut. A couple of minutes later, her eye twitches. She slowly opens her eyes and blinks. Her electric blue orbs staring right at me.

Out of my mouth come three words without hesitation.

"You. Disgust. Me."

I watch as her natural golden skin sinks into a pale shade so lifeless it scares me just to look at her again. Her eyes freeze over like the surface of a winter puddle, robbing them of their usual warmth. She's in there, I know it, but it's like she just took a huge step back from life. I gain the sudden urge to reach in and tell her that life isn't hopeless, that I was just kidding, but even if I do, I know that she will never trust me. I always knew she had pain inside, but now it is visible on her face and I wish it to go away. I know that is a selfish want, people have a right to their pain, they don't ask for it - it just arrives like the gift you never wanted. But I was— no, I am the cause of her pain. It breaks me to see her hurt this way, but she killed Kaden. My ambivalent feelings are the reason for my internal dilemma. So I leave the room. No words spoken.