They couldn't find Marcia or Jake anywhere, and to say Kirstie was panicking would be an understatement. She was almost running as she searched for them, almost only because if she was she'd be going too fast to spot them.
     Michelle and Brittany had been made to stay with the babies, Brittany was holding two melting ice-cream cones and was in tears over the fact they couldn't find her little brother, but Michelle was stronger than that and she had Giselle on her lap because that made it easier not to cry.
     Avi had taken off in the other direction from his wife now that his stint in the dunk tank was over, his hair was still a little wet under the snap-back he was wearing. His hands wouldn't stop shaking as he looked around. He was buying them ice-cream when they went missing, ice-cream for pete's-sake, what kid runs from ice-cream while the parents back is turned. It was his fault and he knew it, Kirstie probably wants to kill him right now.
     Kirstie jogs down the small slope on the field, almost skidding in a small patch of mud, some kid must have spilt something there, it was far too hot and dry for the field to be muddy. There were people everywhere, there were kids everywhere, at least she knew they couldn't be on any of the rides down here, one because they were for older kids and two because neither of them had any money, at least any that Kirstie knew of.
     She scans the field for Marcia's little cream and denim playsuit and pink boots, too many little girls had pink boots and this mom was ready to tear her hair out. That was until she saw a bright green shirt jumping up and down out of the corner of her eye. The little jumping bean had to be Jake because that green hurt her eyes this morning and it was hurting now, even from across the field.
     Jake was jumping up and down next to a man who was sat on the field, up on the steeper part of the hill under a small tree. When Jake almost stumbles Kirstie starts forward, hopefully he'd know where Marcia was but at least she'd found one. Her breath hitches in relief though when Marcia pops out from behind the tree laughing her head off, this time Kirstie does break into a run.
      Marcia turns, seeing her mom running towards her, her eyes widen, she hardly ever saw her mom run. She breaks into a big grin and runs towards her mom, arms wide open, they meet a small way away from the bottom of the hill and Kirstie drops to her knees pulling Marcia in tightly, a couple of tears escaping.
    "Ouch Mommy, you're hugging me real tight," Marcia complains. So Kirstie pulls back a little.
    "Do you know how worried you had me and daddy?" she asks then looks towards Jake raising her voice so she could hear him where he was, "You too Jake, you're sisters were so scared," she says, watching the smile disappear from his face.
     He slowly walks down the hill and she watches him until the man they were with speaks.
     "Kirstie?" she freezes, that was not a voice she'd thought she'd ever hear again. Crouched down, with Marcia tucked in one arm and Jake at her other side she looks up, her breath stuck as Jeremy slowly approached them.
      "Momma, that's Mr Lewis," Marcia grins pointing at him.
     "The fuck it is," Kirstie snaps.
      Marcia's eyes widen and her and Jake chorus, "Oooooooo."
     "That's a bad word Momma," Marcia says with a knowing nod.
      Kirstie hadn't taken her glaring eyes off of Jeremy, she saw the moment, the moment when it hit him, that moment when he realised who Marcia was and his jaw dropped for a moment, but only a moment because he composed himself.
      "I- ah... is she?" he stutters.
      Kirstie stands up tall, then turns looking down at her eldest daughter and speaks slowly, and loudly, "Honey, go find your dad, he'll be worried sick." Out of the corner of her eye she notes that Jeremy flinches, it's small but it's there.
     "Where is he?"
     "Hopefully by the tree where we had hot chips, go wait there," she scoots them off then turns an evil glare at Jeremy, taking a couple of steps closer to him, trying her hardest to be intimidating, and succeeding.
      "So Marcia, that's maybe not a name I would have picked," he laughs nervously, trying to smile and be charming.
     Kirstie eyes light up with anger and she speaks in a low hiss, emphasizing her words, "You do not get to make jokes about her name you worthless piece of shit," he voice gets shakier as she speaks, as she fights back tears.
     Jeremy shakes his head, "I was not. I like it, I would have come around to it. I-"
     She cuts him off, "Don't you dare, don't you fucking dare, I don't give a shit if you like it, it doesn't matter if you like it because you weren't there you don't get a say!" he voice gets louder as she rants. "You didn't want her so now all you get is to shut up or I'll punch you in your fucking ugly nose," she raises her fist, watching him threateningly.
     Jeremy's nerves drop away, replaced with anger, "That is no language for the mother of my daughter to be using."
     "You are not her dad!" Kirstie screams and a few heads turn near them so she tries to calm herself, unsuccessfully, but at least does make herself a little quieter.
     "I am actually, I mean I don't know who the fuck that half-wit is that you have parading as her dad, but he's not it, I am," he jabs himself in the chest with his finger.
Kirstie breaks into a smirk, he didn't know who she was married to, she was smirking because Avi had always been a sore spot between her and Jeremy, this news would piss him off so bad that she had to smirk. "Did it not occur to you?" she asks with eyes still narrowed, smirk still in place, "What Marcia's last name was, I mean you've seen it on the roll right?"
     Jeremy frowns, "So what if I have?"
     "What is it? Do you remember or do you need me to remind you?"
     "It's Kaplan, so what? You married some Jewish guy."
     Kirstie looks down with an evil chuckle, then take a step closer to Jeremy before she stares back up at him, "Not just any Jewish guy, and not just any Kaplan," with her smirk back in place she again watches the realisation hit his face.
     "You're kidding," he speaks, his voice laced with anger.
     "Why would I lie about my drop-dead-gorgeous husband?" She raises a sly eyebrow, "Why would I lie about the man who is better than you in every way, and when I say every way: I mean every way. And why would I lie about the man who is a far better father than you could ever even dream of being."
     Jeremy slowly shakes his head, "Do you know how truly pathetic you are Kirstie? I mean really, bringing up your sex life in a conversation we're having about our daughter. I think maybe you care more about sex than you do about her? I think that might be the sign of a bad mother. I mean what else are you hiding? I think that the courts would love to hear about all of it... I hope you have a good lawyer, because mine's fucking brilliant."
       Any trace of a smile or smirk that Kirstie had, drops as he turns and walks away. Her face goes pale and her body goes cold and she resists every urge to fall to the ground and curl up into a ball.
     Oh how she had fucked up.
     Jeremy was going for custody.

A/N: Don't hate me.

Sorry.

Very sorry.

Hannah.