I'm Okay

"What do you mean you're not home?!" Seungcheol screamed into his phone receiver as he got out of the cab.

"I had to go somewhere," Wonwoo replied from the other end. "Sorry, Seungcheol, but I didn't know you needed Jihoon's gift this early."

Seungcheol groaned as he punched in the building entrance code. As the main door opened, he headed inside towards the elevator. "What's the point of you hiding his present if you're not here when I need you?" he complained, waiting with an annoyed look on his face.

"You make me feel so special, hyung," Wonwoo said, sarcastically.

Stroking his hair back as he waited for the elevator, Seungcheol couldn't help but chuckle and loosened up a bit. "I know, yeah. Sorry, I'm just excited. I called Jihoon and he didn't pick up. I texted him, too. Do you think he forgot?"

"It's your 100 day anniversary. Trust me, I don't think he forgot."

With a ding, the doors opened and he stepped inside. "You're right."

"Of course I am. Look, just knock on the door when you get there. Maybe Mingyu's home."

Seungcheol closed his eyes and tilted his head back, letting a smile rest on his face as he moved upwards. "Thanks man."

On the other end, Wonwoo chuckled, "See you soon."

"Bye." Without moving anything but his hand, Seungcheol hung up the phone and just stood there as he passed floor after floor. It was amazing how still he could be while filled with so much anticipation. Seungcheol was way too excited to celebrate his and Jihoon's first anniversary. Something very special. As he went up, Seungcheol just reminded himself of everything Jihoon was to him. To Seungcheol, Jihoon was the best roommate he'd ever had, always keeping him warm in their bed. To Seungcheol, he was the loyal friend who was always there for others. To Seungcheol, he was the classmate he regretted never having, because he would've looked so adorable falling asleep during lectures. To Seungcheol, he was the guy who always bought the same coffee from Seungkwan's shop every single morning. Seungcheol knew him in different forms, but at the end of it all he was still the same Jihoon. Someone very special.

When the doors finally opened on the ninth floor, Seungcheol couldn't shake the smile off his face as he stepped out. "Please be there," he muttered to himself. After rushing past several doors and making all the necessary turns, he made it to Wonwoo and Mingyu's place, apartment 917B. "Please be there," he repeated under his breath before he started banging on the door. "MINGYU!" he cried. "MINGYU! YOU HOME?!"

There was no reply.

"Damn it!"

Slightly annoyed and disappointed, Seungcheol sighed and slammed his back against the wall, sliding down to rest on the floor. If it were any other day, he might've been a little more frustrated, but he was still caught up in his Jihoon thoughts. Instead, he just closed his eyes and imagined the boy with the pink hair sitting next to him, as if it were their first encounter all over again. Seungcheol felt this fuzzy feeling in his chest until his moment of cheerful silence was interrupted. "You call?"

Seungcheol's head shot up as he sprang to his feet. "Mingyu! Why didn't you answer the door?!"

Stretching out his arms as he yawned, Mingyu apologized, "Sorry, hyung. I was taking a nap."

Seungcheol rolled his eyes. "It's fine," he said as he made his way past Mingyu. "I just need to get Jihoon's—" But then he paused.

For a second, Seungcheol just stood in the middle of the room and stared at what was in front of him. Finally, he asked, "Mingyu, what's that?"