Chapter 21

CHAPTER 21!!!!!

*Will’s POV*

Ever since our fight, Katie-Anne acted differently. She would shy away from me and she slept in the other room now. I had tried to talk to her numerous times, but we never had enough time alone for us to talk. Finally, I thought of a plan.

“Katie-Anne?”

“Hmm?” she answered, not even looking up from her book.

“We are going to go for a ride. We need to talk, and we are NEVER alone. Let’s go.” I didn’t even bother asking because anymore, she wouldn’t listen to me, and frankly, it pissed me off.

She looked up from her book, a shocked expression on her face, but she still avoided eye contact.

“Okay.” she said quietly.

We walked to the barn in silence, saddled up, and started to ride. We continued to be silent until we got to the field I wanted to stop at.

We dismounted, and tied the horses up. I sat down under a big tree, waiting for Katie-Anne to join me. She eventually sat down a couple of feet away from me. I frowned.

Why the hell does she keep doing this?!

Suddenly, she broke the silence.

“Are you mad at me?” her quiet voice startling me.

I thought about my answer before I responded.

“No, I’m not mad at you...” I trailed off.

“BUT...?” Katie-Anne urged.

“BUT I am irritated with you.”

She didn’t say anything, she just nodded.

“Why don’t you talk to me anymore?” I asked her. “We used to spend hours laughing together about everything, and now we barely even look at each other.

Once again, no answer.

I groaned in frustration and got up. I started to walk toward the wooded area across the field. I was so frustrated, and I had no idea where I was going, but I knew I needed to do SOMETHING.

Suddenly, a soft hand touched my arm, stopping me in my tracks.

“Will?” her voice quivered.

I sighed and turned around, avoiding her eyes.

“Yeah.” I answered, looking around.

“I know I don’t deserve to ask this, but will you please look at me?”

I took a deep breath, and looked into her eyes. They were glistening with some sort of sadness.

“I’m sorry.” she whispered, placing her hands on my chest.

I automatically wrapped my arms around her, and pulled her into a hug.

“I know I’ve been weird lately, but I’ve just been trying to think of a way to stay together.”

“I have been too, but I’m too worried about you to get any planning done.”

I felt her chuckle once.

“I’m not kidding. When you act weird like this, it worries me.”

“I know, I know. So how do you suggest we fix this?” she asked wrapping her arms around my waist.

“Well, how about you sleep with me tonight?”

“Well, William! Just what kind of a girl do you think I am???” she joked.