Chapter 15

CHAPTER 15!!!!!

*Will’s POV*

I couldn’t sleep. I had to watch over her, and...protect her? I don’t know HOW I could possibly do that. I was clueless, but I just HAD to hold her, to make sure nothing would disturb her. She needed her sleep, and I needed her to be happy.

Why? Why do I need her happiness? Why should I care?

....Because I love her. Because I need her. Because I KNOW I’m going to marry this girl one day. 

I froze at that thought. Marriage? I’m only 18, and I’m thinking about MARRIAGE?! Yes. I am ready. I want to marry this girl as soon as possible. I want a FAMILY with her. I’ve saved up PLENTY of money from work....

Work.

Shit! I have to work tomorrow....well, in a few hours. I need sleep. I CAN’T sleep. Dammit!

I looked at the clock.

5:30 a.m.

I sighed. I slowly slid my arm away from Katie-Anne’s waist. I looked at her perfect face and her smokin’ hot. She was wearing an electric blue tank-top and black short shorts that hugged her in all the right places. I smiled to myself, knowing that this girl was MINE. I gently kissed her cheek, and got out of bed. I went into the kitchen, put on a pot of coffee, and ran a hand through my hair. I felt a pair of arms snake around my waist. She kissed my shoulder blade.

“Did I wake you?” 

“No.” I could tell she was lying.

“I’m sorry.” I apologized.

“Don’t worry about me. Why are you up, Babe?” she asked in her cute voice.

“You know, you are too cute in the morning.” I said, hoping she wouldn’t catch on to my distraction. She did.

“You’re full of it. Answer my question.” 

“I couldn’t sleep.” true, but not the only reason.

“Aww. Why not?”

I turned around to face her.

“Because I was afraid that you...” I trailed off.

“You were afraid I’d have another nightmare.” she finished my sentence.

I nodded. 

“Will,” Katie-Anne sighed “you didn’t have to torture yourself and stay awake. I’m a big girl. I can handle a nightmare. You just focus on you, okay, Baby?”

I shook my head. “I can’t help it. I need to make sure my girlfriend is ALWAYS happy.”

Katie-Anne rolled her eyes at me. “Corny.”

I chuckled. “Yeah.”

“Well, come back to bed. We only have a few hours until we have to wake up for my parents.”

I froze.

“Uhmmmm about that, Katie-Anne...?”

“What?” her usual playful voice was gone. She meant business.

“I forgot to tell you that I start work again today.”

I waited for the screaming and the lecturing, but it never came.

“Oh. Okay. No big deal. I can hold down the fort while you go work.....what do you do anyways?”

“Well, I work at the old Barnesby Ranch. I alternate working seasons with one of the other workers. It’s his season off, and they need me to haul hay and to build the new barn.”