Chapter 5

CHAPTER 5!!!!

RECAP: Katie-Anne was thinking about leaving, but Will stopped her before she was gone. He tried to persuade her into staying, but she needs to think about her decision. Before they reached the house, Katie-Anne makes an effort to get to know Will, but is stopped because of a blue pick-up truck in Will’s driveway:

“What’s going on? Who is in your driveway?” I asked.

Will turned to me, smiled, and said:

“Katie-Anne, there’s a few people I’d like you to meet.”

**Katie-Anne’s P.O.V.**

Will grabbed one of the suitcases from my hand. He then grabbed my free hand with his free hand. I stopped in my tracks, and WIll was yanked to a halt.

“What’s wrong?” he asked.

“Who am I meeting?” I asked, cautiously.

“My family.” he answered, seeming to be getting more anxious.

“Your FAMILY?!?!?!!

“Uhm..yeah. I hope that’s okay?” He questioned.

“NO!” I said, looking at my outfit. “I look like I got hit by a bus, and my make-up is smeared all over my face, and don’t even get me STARTED on my hair!!!!!” I exclaimed.

Will looked at me in disbelief.

“I think you’re beautiful.” he said, shyly.

“Oh...well...thank you.” I stammered.

“You’re welcome.”

“Can we wait to go to your house until I look decent? Please?” I begged.

“Where do you suppose you can get ready?” he asked.

“Don’t underestimate me!” I smiled.

I grabbed my suitcases, and started to walk towards the trees that lined the road. However, I noticed him following me.

“STAY THERE!” I commanded.

“Okay, sorry!” he said. 

I crossed the ditch that was between me and the trees. I then hid behind the trees, and then ripped my suitcases apart to pick out my clothes. I decided on my favorite green dress. I slipped that on, glancing up occasionally to make sure Will wasn’t watching. I grabbed my favorite cowboy boots, and then decided to tame my hair.

I ran the brush through my hair, wincing when I came upon the massive snarls hiding in my hair. When I finally felt like my hair was presentable, I dug out my make-up. Not wanting to look like I was trying too hard, I only used skin-tone colors, with a slight touch of green to my eyeshadow. I looked into my compact mirror, and decided that I was ready. I stepped out of the trees, and heard Will whistle.

“Well, who’s that little filly coming out of the trees? The girl I saw going into the trees was a mess! Have you seen her?” he teased.

I stuck my tongue out at him.

“Quit being a smart ass, and help me cross this ditch!” I called back at him. “It’s freakishly muddy over here!”

He laughed as he walked over to the ditch. He grabbed my suitcases, and put them on the dry road. He then came back for me. I went to grab his hand for balance, but was swooped up into the air before I had a chance to think.

“AHH!” I squeaked. “What are you doing?!?!?”

Will had scooped me into his arms, and was in the process of marching up the side of the ditch.