Chapter 19

CHAPTER 19!!!!!

*Katie-Anne’s POV*

Something was putting pressure on my back and my legs. It wasn’t a bad kind of pressure, just foreign. I was awakened only slightly, barely aware of what was going on. I was being carried.

“Will, you didn’t have to carry her. You could have awakened her.” I heard my mom say softly.

“No, she needs her rest. Poor girl’s working her butt off trying to get the house ready and stock up on food.” I heard him reply, his voice softly vibrating throughout his chest, where my head was resting.

I heard my dad mumble something like “Well, that’s very considerate.” 

I felt a change in the atmosphere. I guessed that we were in the house. I felt a pair of velvety lips kiss my on the forehead. I reached my arms and wrapped them around his neck. 

“Are you awake?” the velvety voice said.

“No.” I shook my head, furrowing my face deeper into his chest.

He quietly laughed. “You do realize that you’re going to have to let go when I go to bed right?”

I tightened my grip. “No.”

“Katie-Anne, you have to go to bed. I’m taking you to your room.”

“Nope.” 

“Katie-Anne-”

“-No.”

I knew I was being stubborn, but I was comfortable, and he was just so warm.

“I’m sorry. She gets crabby when she is tired.” my mom said.

“It’s alright. I don’t mind. But if you don’t mind, I’m going to make a bed on the couch for Katie-Anne. She’s being stubborn.”

“You’re sleeping with me.” I said groggily.

“Katie-Anne, I don’t think your parents would like that so much.” I could hear the hesitant smile in his voice.

“Oh, sweetheart don’t worry! We trust you enough that we know you won’t try anything.” my mom said.

“AND we are in the room closest to this room, so no funny business!” I heard my dad grumble.

“Don’t worry, Sir. I respect your daughter and you too much to do anything like that. My parents raised me right.”

I was gently placed on the couch. I kept my grip on Will’s neck.

“Katie-Anne! I’m just going to change into pajamas and grab a blanket. I’ll be back.” Will chuckled.

I slowly loosened my grip. I heard both Will and my parents walk away. I settled into the couch, waiting for Will to return.

I heard the gentle pad of footsteps coming from the hallway, and I slightly opened my eyes.

Will carried pillow and a blanket.

“You’re such a little troublemaker.” he grinned.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” I mumbled, closing my eyes.

He lifted my head and placed a pillow under it. He then climbed over me and settled on the couch. He pulled a blanket over us, and wrapped an arm around my waist.

“Katie-Anne?”

“Hmmm?” I replied sleepily.

“What do you want for your birthday?”