Running For It

"If it's the Chris I read about in the previous scrolls..."

Benedict gives you a quizzical side-stare, asking, "And where do you think that would be?"

"The Librarian's Lounge--a place where he can find a reflective surface to flex his muscles."

"That would be very regal of him," Benedict muses. Then he says, "It would require getting out of this painting and taking passage through the Hall of Discards."

"Ew," a Chris quivers in disgust.

"I know--" Benedict begins to state.

"No! We can't go that way!" Chris whines and stomps in protest.

The other Chris steps forward.

"If we don't leave this painting now, we should consider ourselves dead. Now, let me roll up my sleeves; it is I who has the idea. Stay close behind me."

As you all emerge from the painting, you are instantly greeted by the Chop suey-bat. Chris quickly jumps toward it, pushing you protectively behind his back.

Chris flexes his muscular arms and the bat faints. As the six-foot-bat falls to the floor in slow motion, it bursts into a druzy dark dust. For a moment the coast seems clear. However, before you can breathe a sigh of relief, you see a celestial figure emerge from the dark sparkling dust pile. The Chris holding you back pushes you further behind him,

"Stay close."

You fall into a swoon over his robust voice, but can't help yourself, and you peek around his still-flexed bicep.

Rising from the ashes is...

"Hello there," the celestial form greets you.

"Chris!" You all cheer together.

"Yes, yes. I know. You all thought I was a goner. That bat did take my physical form, but never my spirit." Previously Unarmed Chris, now Undead Chris, winks.

Benedict breaks the reunion,

"This is all very grand and dandy, but we must get to the Hall of Discards."

As they are speaking the bat dust begins to collect back together.

Benedict sees this also, and shouts,

"We must go!"

He gathers up the sides of his Englishmen cloak and scoops up the two Chrises in one jacket flap and you in the other. The third Chris chimes in,

"I'll just float behind you guys."

"Very well," Benedict agrees. He twirls three times and morphs into a Benny-bat. Undead Chris is upset by this and lets out a gasp.

"Gahh!" He pulls back in horror.

"Oh, it's just me you blubbering Undead Chris. Let's go," he hisses.