Drunk, Bubbly Harry

Start from the beginning

I turned my attention back to Harry as he said, "It's fun."

We went up to the top floor and the atmosphere felt immediately different upon the elevator doors opening. I had been here many times within the last few weeks for photo shoots, but every time I came with Harry, it felt like I was going back in time to when he still worked in this office. With his initials on the doors of his office gone and replaced, it was a little easy to forget that even though he wasn't working here, he still owned the entire building.

We went into the collection room where we had picked out my black dress, and now there were a few mannequins that had been added who donned different ensembles from collections in the past.

"Here," Harry said, pointing to a display towards the dressing room.

"I really like this," I said, holding the sleeve of the jacket between my fingers and feeling the softness of the material

"I really like this," I said, holding the sleeve of the jacket between my fingers and feeling the softness of the material. "I've always wanted a jumpsuit."

"It'll make your butt look good, too." He commented, and a shot him a look, to which he sheepishly tucked his hands in his pockets and avoided eye contact.

"My butt always looks good." I said confidently as I pulled the jacket off the mannequin, and I felt his hand swiftly squeeze my left butt cheek before smacking it.

"I know it does." He grinned.

*

We had Harry's party at a hotel downtown, an entire ballroom rented out with many of his friends and some familiar faces I recognized from work. I let go of his hand as he hugged a few of his buddies, looking around for anyone I could converse with and not have to cling to Harry the entire night.

"Oh, and this is my girlfriend," I heard Harry say beside me, and I turned to face him. "Jillian."

"It's nice to meet you," one of his friends said. I shook all of their hands and I tried to remember their names but with everyone Harry was introducing me to, I couldn't keep track.

He grabbed a glass of champagne off a passing butler's tray and handed to me, and I thanked him before asking, "Aren't you going to have a drink?"

"Yeah, I think I'll have something from the bar though." He said. "I'm going to need something stronger than champagne to get me through tonight."

"How drunk do you plan on getting tonight?" I asked before taking a sip of my drink.

He pondered for a moment, puckering his lips as he thought about it. "I guess maybe. . . enough to let loose but not enough to make me forget tonight."