Part 25

Word count: 4045
_______________________________

"I'm so sorry, Jillian," Megan said. "I thought you knew."

I shook my head in embarrassment, feeling so many waves of emotion come over me. I couldn't even get words out. Harry was staying in England? And he didn't think to tell me? Was this what he'd been trying to tell me this whole time?

Brie apologized for bringing it up and ruining the weekend so quickly, but I reassured her I would be fine and I would worry about it later. In the back of my mind, the thought of Harry was still lingering, but all I really wanted at this point was to focus on hanging out with the girls and not worrying about anything else.

Sunday came sooner than expected. I woke up and immediately shut my eyes after being blinded by the light of the sun. I rolled over to face away from it, grabbing my phone and scrolling through Facebook.

A knock ratted on the door and I looked up to see Megan poking her head inside. I waved at her and groggily said, "Morning."

"Hey, we were planning on going out for breakfast. Want to come?"

"Yeah, yeah, sounds good." I said, and hopped out of bed. She left so I could change into some new clothes, so I put on some joggers and a sweatshirt, fixing my bun from last night and grabbing my phone and wallet.

We hopped in Megan's car and drove to a nearby Village Inn, sitting down at a small booth by the window and ordering some cups of tea and coffee to start the day.

"So, Jillian," Brie said. "What do you plan on doing after college?"

"Um, I really would like to be an art director and be able to work in film and television design."

"Oh, that's so cool." She said.

"So you could like, design sets for TV shows and stuff?" Megan asked.

"Yeah," I nodded. "I love set design and marketing so I'd love to be able to put them together in a way."

After breakfast, we decided to walk off all the food we ate and explore Pittsburg. It was a little cold, but nothing too extreme. Brie and Megan kept cracking jokes about Britain's weather compared to America's, saying that by this time of day, they'd have gone through at least two of the four seasons.

As much as I wanted to enjoy the weekend with Brie and Megan, the thought of Harry not coming back to Pittsburg after New Years' was still haunting my mind. Why wouldn't he tell me this? How would next year work if all my shoots were at his building? How could he let me get this close to him just to end up leaving after a few months?

We ended our Sunday watching Fifty Shades Darker, which, I hadn't even seen the first movie so I was very confused the entire time and kept asking questions, much to Brie and Megan's annoyance.

"That's his mother," Megan asked when one woman appeared on the screen, and just as I was about to ask another question, Brie threw handful of popcorn at me, shutting me up.

"Sorry," I whispered with a small smile.

My phone buzzed in my pocket and I pulled it out, the sight of his name instantly making my stomach twist.

From: Harry
Hi darling. I miss you. I hope you're enjoying your girl time. But I'd really like some Jillian time of my own. x

I sighed and put my phone away, not wanting to start texting him while I was still with my friends. I didn't want to focus on him right now.

Once the movie was over and I had been traumatized with the viewing of how Christian Grey has sexual intercourse, Megan and I started packing up our stuff to head home.