Chapter 15: Dying to know you

It was as if time stopped when Grell noticed the new name on his death list. It was like his own heart had been ripped out and cut in half. Plain as any other name was on his list, was his daughters. Granted, it was rather faint, meaning there was a possibility to which she wouldn't die, but it was heart wrenching all the same. Holding back a cry he took off into the night, ignoring the fact it was pouring rain and towards Phantomhive manor, knowing that's where she was last.

Slamming the door open, Grell ran inside and up the stairs.
"Where is she?!" He shouted, his voice cracking halfway through. He whipped around when he heard footsteps and covered his face as Sebastian walked up to him. "Where is Aimee?" he asked, his voice shaking.

Sebastian raised an eyebrow as he took in Grells appearance.
"Ms. Sutcliffee left for her mothers a few days prior. Why on earth are you crying in the hall?" he took a step back when Grell fell to the floor on his knees and started sobbing.

"Sebastian? What on earth is going on out here?" spat an irritated Ciel. He was in the middle of a proposal when he finally heard all the yelling. "Why on earth is Grell here? why is he crying?" he made a face, crossing his arms.

With a shaky hand, the pair watched Grell pull out a book and open it before sliding it towards them. Sebastian leaned down and picked it up, raking his eyes over it. His eyes widened slightly and snapped it shut before Ciel could see it.
"How is this possible?" he asked, returning the book to Grell.

"I don't know" Grell wailed.

Ciel at this point was beyond irritated as no one was explaining what was going on.
"What is happening?!" he shouted before jumping slightly when something banged against the door downstairs. He quickly looked up at Sebastian and made a gesture for him to check it out. The butler made his way down the stairs and over to the door. Opening it, he called for Grell as he grabbed the mystery person and brought them inside. Ciel almost screamed when he noticed the soaking wet figure was Aimee.

Taking off down the stairs, Ciel watched as Sebastian began removing her clothes around the wound in her chest, doing his best not to irritate it further.
"Why isn't she healing?" the boy asked, dropping to his knees beside them.

Grell whipped off his gloves to use to put pressure on the wound.
"Because her mother is a right cow of a woman. She shot her with a silver bullet. Thankfully it went clean through but this is going to have to be cleaned or else she'll continue to lose blood. I need alcohol" he stated, looking at Sebastian. It was perhaps the only time the two had seen him so serious before.

Sebastian quickly stood and in a flash was back with a bottle of sterilizing alcohol and handed it to Grell.
"How is this going to help?"

Taking the top off the bottle, Grell shot a look to Ciel before looking down at Aimee.
"It'll flush the wound out... You might want to cover his ears. This isn't going to be pretty" he waited for Sebastian to put his hands over Ciel's ears before pouring the alcohol straight through the wound.

Aimee let out a deafening cry before she finally passed out, her body going limp in her fathers arms. Luckily, her wound looked to be slowly healing as it had stopped bleeding. Grell quickly scooped her up in his arms and sniffled.
"Show me where I can let her rest"

Nodding, Sebastian let go of Ciel and lead them through the manor to the guest room Aimee usually occupied when she stayed over. The poor reaper looked ready to cry as he looked down at his wounded daughter. He would rather it be him in such a position than her. Once he knew Aimee was settled, he was going to have a chat with her mother. Laying Aimee down, Grell smoothed her hair off her face and covered her up with his coat before pressing a kiss to her head.
"Take care of her while I'm gone" he stated before taking off yet again, leaving a distraught Ciel to take his place by Aimee's side.

"How long do you think she'll sleep?" He asked, not bothering to look up at Sebastian.
"I'm not sure. It could be a few hours, a few days. It all depends on Ms. Sutcliffe"
Ciel nodded weakly as he took Aimees hand in his and sighed softly.

He spent the next week checking on Aimee and sitting with her, hoping that she would wake up. Her wounds had healed up as far as he could tell but she hadnt woken up. It was driving him mad with worry. Grell had stopped by the day prior to check on her and left looking as defeated as he felt.

The boy took a steadying breath as he approached Aimee's room. He prepared himself for the probability of her still being asleep as he didn't want to wind up disappointed yet again that week. As usually he knocked gently, pausing to listen for any response before letting out another defeated sigh and simply walked into the room.

"Why haven't you awaken yet?" Ciel asked aloud, taking his seat beside the bed. As if  clockwork his hand came to take hers as he pulled out the book he was currently reading. It was so deathly quiet in the room he had decided to read to her to pass the time. There was no guarantee that she could hear him, but one could hope it made it through.
Clearing his throat, Ciel started the chapter off, speaking softly but clearly, filling the room with gentle words.

As the boy went to turn the page and start the next chapter, he felt a twitch against his palm. Immediately Ciel sat at attention, eyepatch long gone as there was no point when he was in her room.
"Aimee?" He asked hopefully.

A small groan left the redhead, her hand tightening around his in return for the first time in almost two weeks.
"Nngh.. Ci.. Ciel..?"

"You're awake!" Ciel practically cried as he moved the book out of the way and moved closer to Aimee, careful he didn't somehow hurt her.
"You've been out for over a week.. we had no idea when you'd be awake"

Aimee shifted, groaning lowly as she turned to finally look at her, well boyfriend.
"My maman.. what..." she coughed heavily as she took deeper breaths. Clearly the gunshot had done significant damage to her lungs, considering the wound. Weakly her other hand came up to touch her chest, the only reminder of the gunshot was a patch of rough skin.
"Oh" was her weak response to her unasked question. She had hoped it had all been a bad dream but that sadly wasn't the case.

"I'll have Sebastian inform Grell that you're finally awake. Do you need anything?" Ciel leaned over and scooped up a glass.
"Water?"

Nodding weakly, and with the help of Ciel, Aimee sat up so she could drink something to quench her insane cotton mouth from being in a coma.
"Mm.. thank you" She slumped against the pillows
"I could hear you, you know. It was nice" the redhead gave him a weak smile

"I had hoped you would of been able to" The boy gently rubbed her hand with his "I'm rather glad you're awake" he lifted her hand, pressing a soft kiss to it.

"Did I manage to worry the Earl of Phantomhive?" She teased softly

"One of the rare few who have"

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
It's been a long ass while since I've been active on here what's up my mammals?!
Yes hi I'm sure you expected some grand come back but honestly ya girl tired so uh.. here's a very long overdue apology and update lol I missed y'all! How have you been?? Let me know!

~~~ Raven