Chapter 14: Everything changes

After their confessions in the garden, it was as if everything had changed. Ciel was much more open with his feelings towards her the closer it got to his engagement being fully null and over. He had informed Elizabeth a few days after their chat and everything was falling into place. Of course the little blonde was angry and hurt, but she did understand his feelings. She then proceeded to make Aimee swear to make Ciel as happy as possible because he deserves all the happiness in the world.

They couldn't be over affectionate in public because it would look bad but in private, he was happy to show her attention. It was strange really, considering how closed off he usually was to the public. It was as if a whole different side to Ciel had showed up. He left her small gifts when she would visit, making sure she enjoyed her visits. Just yesterday he had brought her a new dress to replace the one that got ruined by pluto. 

"Ciel?" Aimee knocked on the door to his study as she poked her head in.
"Are you busy?" 

Looking up from his work, Ciel set his pen down and gestured for her to come in. 
"I'm reading through a business proposal sent by an Italian candy maker. Is there something you need?" his voice was tired.  As of late he had been over his eyeballs with work. Once word got out of his cancelled engagement, men from all over were trying to proposition him to wed their daughters and to try and expand their businesses through his. It was pathetic really. 

Crossing the room, Aimee sat across from Ciel and sighed softly. 
"I have to travel to France for a little bit, my maman is in need of my assistance with her business and has requested my return as soon as I can" she rubbed her face. "I'm sorry to bring this up when you're so busy, but I just received her letter" 

"How long do you think you'll be gone?" asked Ciel as he sighed, leaning back in his seat.

"My hope is as little as a month but with maman, who knows" Aimee huffed, crossing her arms.

Ciel nodded and leaned forward, reaching his hand out for hers. When she placed her hand in his, he brought it to his lips and pressed a kiss to it. "I'll miss you when you're gone" he said softly.

Aimee smiled softly and stood, leaning over the desk she pressed a light kiss to his lips.

"Tu me manques encore plus, mon amour" she said softly before righting and walking to the window. (I will miss you more, my love)
"I'll see you soon" she smiled and took off out the window, a breeze following behind her and ruffling the papers on Ciel's desk. 

It took a few days for her to make it to her mothers home in France. It was always a sight to behold when one first arrived outside. The driveway itself was massive and lead up to the large mansion her mother called her home. With a small huff she landed on the doorstep and made her way inside, her wings curling away as she smoothed down her dress. She quickly tied her hair up into a bun before going to find her mother, her steps echoing around the large rooms. 

"Maman?" she called out. Her nose twitched as she suddenly smelt a strong male scent coming from upstairs. Letting out a groan, the red head quickly shuffled up the stairs and to her mothers room. She pushed open the door and let out a sigh. "Have you no decency mother?" she stated, her head turned as to not look at the scene before her. There was her mother, feeding on what looked like a random stranger from town. 

Astrids head popped up as her face shifted back to normal. She grinned widely as her tail unwound from the mans neck as she stood. "Aimee! I'm so glad you decided to come! I know it's hard for you to fly such a far distance as you detest carriages but its so good to see you!" she easily wrapped Aimee up in a tight hug. 

Letting out a small noise, Aimee patted her mothers back before quickly stepping back. 
"Yes I've missed you too. Now, what is it that was urgent you needed me home?" she asked, crossing her arms. It's not that she didn't want to spend time with her mother, far from it. But, she had a good thing going back in England and she would like to return to it. Plus, she hadn't been able to inform her papa that she was going to be gone for a bit. 

"Ah yes! I have this thing I wanna talk to you about" Astrid prattled off as she started out the room and walking down the hall, Aimee following after her, rolling her eyes as she went. "I've been expanding recently, you know going into other areas of work and such. makeup, hair care, you know. I've been spreading myself thin trying to work it all and I wanted you to know I've made you the head of my clothing companies and tha--" 

"Wait a second! you can't just try and move past dropping a bomb like that like it was nothing!" Aimee started, her hands going to her hips in anger. "I didn't ask to take over your company, nor do I want to for that matter" she narrowed her eyes. 

Pausing in her steps, Astrid went silent. She rolled her fingers into a fist and turned to face her daughter. 
"I did not ask you if you wanted it, I do not care. I am your mother and you will do as I say. All that time with your father seems to have corrupted your mind into thinking you have a say. You are a woman eligible to wed and if you will not wed the man I chose, you will do this without another word. Do I make myself clear" her voice was stern, her words biting at Aimee as she stared at her mother. 

The two stood in a stiff silence as they stared each other down. Aimee clenched her fists as she glared at her mother. 
"I will. not. put up with this! This is exactly why I went back to London!" she shouted and stormed off down the stairs. 

"Aimee Hera Sutcliffee you get your ass back here! You will not speak to me in such a way!" Her mother roared, the house shaking around her. Aimee shook her head and continued her way down and out the house. Her mother quickly followed after her and reached out, grabbing her by the hair and pushing her down the front steps. 
"You will not ignore me!" she shouted. 

A startled yell left Aimee as she went down the steps. Before she hit the ground, her wings sprouted and pushed her into the air, a growl leaving her. 
"You may have birthed me, but no mother throws their children down a flight of stairs you crazy bitch!" she growled and launched herself at her mom, tackling her inside. 

The two rolled across the floor as Aimee tore at her mothers face, her nails scratching down her cheeks. Astrid roared and she kicked her off and jumped at her, smashing Aimee through the glass table in the sitting room. The younger red head growled as she stood, kicking glass away as she moved a piece of hair out of her face. She grabbed the frame of the table and swung it at her mother when she flew at her, slamming her mother into the fire place. 
"The next time I see your face" Aimee spat. "It better be you crawling on your hands and knees for forgiveness. You better hope to the big man above that I'm in a good mood too, because if I'm not, I'll drive my tail through your heart." she spat. 

Turning to leave, Aimee brushed the glass off of her as she walked to the door. As she went to walk outside, a gunshot rang out, leaving Aimee to stop in her tracks. Glancing down, Aimee went wide eyed at the hole that was in the middle of her chest. She paled considerably as she pressed a hand to the gaping hole and shakily took off, going back to London. 

****
Ciel sighed after Aimee left and turned back to his work. He had already turned down several engagement proposals, as well as several company collaborations. Honestly the whole ordeal was giving him a massive headache. He picked his pen back up and finished writing his response to the Italian man before he reached over and rung the bell for Sebastian. A few moments later, his faithful butler came strolling into the room.

"Yes, my lord?" Sebastian asked.

"Make me something to get rid of this headache. It's making it incredibly hard to focus on my work" he said dismissively, leaning back in his chair as he closed his eyes, making him miss Sebastian rolling his eyes.

"I will return shortly then" Sebastian turned and exited the room.

Rubbing the bridge of his nose, the blunette let out a heavy sigh. It was ridiculous for so many people to think he would want to choose some poor girl to wed, as if he worried about his future anyways. He still didn't know how Aimee was handling the fact that he wouldn't be around forever. It baffled him to think that she would choose to continue to be with him when she was aware that Sebastian would be taking his soul. He groaned as his head seemed to pound even harder.

Looking up when the door opened, Ciel sat forward as Sebastian brought over a small tray. He sat it on a clear spot on the desk and handed Ciel the tea cup. Sniffing, Ciel gently sipped the tea as he relaxed into his chair. "Chamomile?" he mumbled, continuing to sip at it.

"Right as always, my lord. Will that be all?"

Ciel dismissed him with a wave as he tried his best to relax in his chair. He hoped Aimee wouldn't be gone too long as she managed to relieve him of headaches in no time at all. In a days time his engagement will be fully void, which meant he was a step closer to being able to not worry about his current relationship.

Once his headache was finally gone, the young lord spent the rest of his evening finishing his work until it was time for dinner and then bed. It had been a while since had such a tiring day of paper work and was ready for a new case to fall in his lap. It was strange for the underworld to be this quiet and he expected a new letter from the Queen to arrive within a couple days. It would certainly take his mind of work and a certain red head. With a large yawn, Ciel curled up under the covers and let sleep take him. 

It had been a rather stressful day and he hoped the next wouldn't be as bad. 

~~~~~~~~~~~

Look at me actually updating and what not. 
Its a either a miracle or witchcraft. 

Have you checked out my new Sebastian x OC yet??

~ Raven