Chapter 6: A flash to the past

Aimee sighed as she laid down on her couch. She spent the entire day at her fathers. Sure, she loved him but he could be a bit much after some time. She smiled though. She looked around the room at all the photos of when she was little. She always loved it back then.

*Flashback~*

A six year old Aimee giggled as she ran away from her father. He hadn't let his hair grow out yet. She squealed when he picked her up and spun her around. "Papa!" she giggled. Grell laughed and tossed her in the air and caught her. "Who's my little cupcake?" he cooed tickling her belly. Aimee laughed and flailed. "I am! I am!" she grinned. Grell chuckled and held Aimee up. "Alright. It's your turn to count" she nodded and hopped down and covered her eyes. "1, 2, 3..." she started.

Grell chuckled and took off behind a tree so Aimee was still in his sight. It was one of his weekends to have her and he made sure she always had the most amount of fun he could provide her with. "Ready or not daddy here I come!" his rambunctious daughter shouted. Grell chuckled quietly and watched as she ran around the backyard, looking behind bushes and pullars. He didn't notice her slip away.

Aimee giggled and jumped on Grells back, making him squeal and fall over. "I got you daddy!" she cheered. Grell laughed and rolled over and held Aimee above him. "Good job cupcake!" Aimee grinned and sat on Grells stomach. "Why can't I come live with you? Maman doesn't like to play hide and seek tag" She pouted. Grell sighed and ran his hand through his daughters hair. "I'm sorry baby. But daddy isn't home all the time to watch you. If I could I'd have you with me all the time but your mommy's job let's her be home more often" Aimee nodded and hugged Grell. "I love you papa" Grell smiled and hugged his daughter back. "I love you too".

*Flashback End~*

Aimee smiled as she sat up. That was always one her favorite memories. When it was so easy to just live. Now she's got all sorts of responsibilities her mother prepared her for and her father shielded her from. She chuckled and walked up to her room. She laid down in bed and fell asleep to a night filled with past memories with her father.