Chapter 2: Our Hearts Will Go On

Today was the day of Madam Red's funeral and everyone was there. In the front, Elizabeth wept, a dark tissue held tightly in her hands as she looked over her dead aunt.

The doors to the church flew open. There, stood Ciel, holding one of his aunts dresses. He walked up to the casket and sat on the edge. "Plain colors did not suit you in life and they don't in death. You belong in the color red. The color of passion. The color of spider lillies" he laid her dress over her and placed the rose he had in his pocket, in her hair. "Rest well, Aunt An" the others began to murmur as red rose petals started blowing into the room. Creating a beautiful, red, scene.

After Madam Red was buried, Ciel went to the grave of Mary Kelly. Where undertaker stood, leaning on a shovel. "My last patient from Jack The Ripper." Undertaker said as Ciel and Sebastian approached the grave. "She was an immigrant. She had no family. No one to call to be told of her passing" Ciel said as he looked down at the grave head. "The little lord here paid me to pretty her up the end had this grave erected for her. Quite the noble act" Undertaker, shifted and stood next to Ciel. "No. It wasn't noble. The noble thing to do would have been to save her life. Instead I was more worried about catching Jack The Ripper and my duty to the Queen".

Undertaker scoffed. "I don't quite like the Queen. Paying people to do her dirty work" Ciel turned to face Undertaker just as he grabbed his tie and pulled then closer. "Be careful my Lord. Or your leash will get tighter and tighter" Undertaker let go of Ciel's tie and thrusted a bouquet of flowers into his arms. "Feel free to stop by my lord! You and that butler of yours are welcome any time!" Undertaker called as he walked away. Ciel sighed and placed the flowers down over the grave.

Ciel turned and started to head back to the carriage. "Why didn't you defend yourself? I know you had your gun on you" Sebastian asked from where he stood. "I saw hesitation in her eyes. She couldn't do it. She couldn't kill me, her own kin. Those few seconds, can mean the difference between life and death. That is why I will not hesitate." Ciel turned to Sebastian, a look of pure determination in her eyes. "No matter how many people die, no matter how much blood is spilled, as long as the king stands the game shall continue. As your night, use me, move me into check" Ciel gripped his walking stick. "I order you, Sebastian, to never leave my side. To never lie" Sebastian smirked and knelt, a hand over his heart.

"Yes, My Lord"

Once they returned to the manor, Ciel went up to his study. He sighed and sat in his chair. Today had been very depressing. He shook his head and pulled out his pen and got to work. A good stack of papers later, a knock on his window pulled him out of his bubble. Ciel turned around and almost jumped. There, was Aimee dressed in black, basically floating outside his window. He got up and pushed the window open.

Aimee stepped into the room and smiled down at Ciel. "Sorry for the unexpected visit. I wanted to see how you were doing" Ciel waved her off and sat back down in his chair. "I'm fine. Your trip here is pointless" he said nonchalantly and slightly irate. Aimee chuckled humorlessly and walked around the study. She stopped in front of a shelf and pulled out a book from Edgar Allen Poe."The Raven was always my favorite. They way the words gave off a haunting feeling something was creeping up on you"

Ciek turned to his guest with a raised eyebrow. "You've read The Raven?" He asked more interested. Aimee nodded and smiled. "He was a great man before his mind went to shambles. Drinking away his problems. Such a shame, he was such a wonderful poet" she shook her head and put the book back. "You knew him?" Aimee chuckled and walked over to Ciel. "Yes, we were good friends. He started to close himself off though. That's when he first showed on the to die list. It was a tragic way to go"

"Just how long have you been around?" Ciel asked, resting his head in his palm. "I've been around for quite some time. Being both my parents are basically immortal" Aimee sat in a chair across from Ciel. "Your mother is French, yes?" She nodded and adjusted her gloves. "Yes, my parents met, bumped uglies, then only saw each other to drop me off at the opposite houses on the corresponding days. I'm a mistake, but that hasn't stopped my papa from loving me as much as he can". Ciel scoffed at the mention of the reaper. "He doesn't seem like someone who could love".

Aimee sighed and brushed a stray hair off of Ciel's face. "I know you are are sour towards my papa, but I assure you he isn't as terrible as he seems. He might be a little crazy but he is filled to the brim with amour. It radiates off of him when he smiles. He is a wonderful papa, and an interesting man" she smiled and poked Ciel's nose. "You are going to be quite the looker. I can see it now. Absolutely stunning. You already have breathtaking blue eyes" Ciel blushed faintly and turned his head away. He coughed into his fist and cleared his throat. "Thank you" he looked really uncomfortable.

Sebastian entered the study and looked shocked at the sight. Aimee was close to Ciek and he was blushing. "Am I interrupting something?" He asked as he poured tea. Aimee chuckled as Ciel scowled. "No, you didn't interrupt anything. Just bring me some tea" he said as he pinched the bridge of his nose. "Nope! Come one grump. Were going out! I'll return him safe and sound, no worries!~" she grabbed Ciel and flew out the window to her home in Germany.

Ciel collapsed on the couch as Aimee folded her wings in her back. "What are you?!" He demanded as he sat up. "I'm half succubus half reaper. And welcome to my home in Germany. Now come on. You need some fun" Aimee walked off with Ciel following after to a giant open room. She spun around and her dress changed into a light blue dress. Ciel went wide eyed. "How the hell?!" She giggled and clapped. Music started playing as she grabbed Ciels hand and started twirling them around the room. "Just relax. It'll be great"

Ciel yelped as Aimee pulled them in the air as they danced. "You'll be fine I promise. Just loose yourself in the music" Aimee said as Ciel gripped her waist to keep himself from falling. They spun around in air and danced randomly as they went. Ciel's attitude was already improving. They type of song changed to something more... intimate. Ciel blushed as Aimee wrapped Ciels arms around her waist. The song our hearts will go on played.

"I know it hurts. I know you know that. But trust me. Your not alone in this Ciel" Aimee whispered as she rested her head against Ciel's chest. His heart was beating widely. She smiled as Ciel tightened his arms around her. "Thank you" he mumbled into her hair as they swayed. Very out of character for the young lord but his heart was healing from the passing of his last relative.

Once the song ended they did a few more dances and played a couple games before Aimee brought Ciel back to his manor. "I hope to see you again sometime soon" she smiled and kissed Ciel on the cheek before disappearing out the window and taking off as Sebastian entered the study. "I take it you had a nice time?" He asked as he glanced at his master. Ciel had a faint blush on his cheeks and the tiniest of smiles.

Ciel didn't even bother replying as he made his way to his room, his hand lightly touching the ruby kiss mark. Sebastian followed, curious of his masters behavior. Ciel normally never acted like this and he was slightly worried. As he was getting Ciel dressed for bed, Sebastian noticed the mark on Ciel's cheek and the slight dazed expression that still remained.

"My lord, are you feeling alright?" Sebastian asked as he lightly removed the kiss mark. Ciel seemed to snap out of his daze then. "I'm perfectly fine. Why wouldn't I be?" He snapped. Sebastian chuckled and placed the lipstick covered clothe in his pocket. "No reason my lord. Good night" he pulled the duvet over Ciel and blew out the candles as he left. "Seems I have another red head to worry about" he chuckled and shook his head. "And this one isn't obsessed with me"

//well... apparently this is gonna be a CielxOC as well. I don't plan on following the cases this time or the plot. Its gonna be what ever when ever. Hehehe seems Ciel's forming a crush on our little French pastry.