Chapter 32: MOM?!?!

"Skyler?!" She shouts with chains holding her back.

"MOM!" I run up to her and give her the biggest hug I've ever given anyone.

"I missed you so much." She starts to cry.

"I missed you more." I cry as well. "I king told me you were.....dead...." I cried harder.

"Shhhh, it's ok....I'm right here." She stroked my hair.

We pull apart from the hug we don't say anything thing else besides looking at each other. "Look at you..." She said smiling,"...Your so big. So beautiful and tall." I blushed a little.

"Just like your mom." We laughed.

"How long have you been down here? And how?" I ask her. She looks down as her smile fades.

"Mom?"

"I've been down here, ever since you were 6. So, 14...to be precise." She starts to cry again, but not of joy. "Please, don't cry." I ask her, trying not to cry as well, just because I know it'll only make her cry more. "Why not?! All those years and I haven't been with you. I feel so guilty...." She continues,"....I don't even feel like your mother..."

"But you are...." I try to make her happy again,"...I've never stopped believing that you weren't gone. I've always known that you were still alive. And the past.....is in the past...and it should stay that way. It's not important about what happened at the time, it's important that were together now."I hug her tightly,"And that's all that matters..."

"Thank you sweetheart. Your so loyal and brave." She hugged back, "That's the side you got from your father." We let go of the hug again.

"Oh yeah, do you know where the keys are for the chains?" I ask her. She nods,"They're in the kings room. But he might have them on him."

"Skyler?" She added.

"Yes?" I replied.

"Take off your glasses for a second..." She asked of me. I took them off and realized my bright eyes were gone. "When you walked in, you had bright, white eyes. But when you hugged me, they were gone..." She added.

"Yeah... I guess I did feel different." I remembered everything that happened at that moment. The king turned me evil, but when I hugged my mother, I wasn't evil anymore.

"I'll check with the king first. He won't know I'm not evil anymore because of my glasses." I was about to leave,"Please stay safe." She asked me. I nodded, and closed the bookcase, door, thing...

I can't believe it....all these years and my mother was alive.... The king LIED TO ME! I'M GONNA-.... No... I'm gonna make sure he never does this again.

I finally made it back to the house and saw everyone through the windows doing something.... Possibly making a plan? I look around and find the king hold the statue... What the hell was he doing?

"Umm, your majesty?" I ask. He turns around and let's go of the statue,"WHAT?! CAN'T YOU SEE I'M BUSY?!?!" He shouts.

"I'm sorry sir, but do you possibly have the keys on you for the cells?" I asked quietly. He nodded and got them out of his pocket,"Do NOT loose these keys! This key is VERY important! And I'm trusting you..." He put them in my hand and put his tentacles back on the statue. "This time, no matter what, do NOT disrupt me...."

I nodded and went back to the lair. I opened the book case and saw my mother lying there, just like I had seen her before. She looks up with delight and speaks,"Please hurry. I've been in these so long..."

What she had said, makes me want to cry. But I knew I had to stay strong for her. I went to the key that the king said was important and held it up so she could see it,"Is this the one?" I ask. She nods. I get excited, and unlock the chains. She rubs her risks and ankles, they were kinda red...

"Mom?"

"Yes sweetie?"

"Did the squids ever do anything to you?" I ask quietly.

She looks down with sadness in her eyes,"They used to whip me, when I did something wrong..." I started to cry heavily,"On-on your b-back?" I stuttered.

She nodded, "It's been hurting for so long, and I can never forget the day they almost killed by doing that..."

I shook my head and covered my mouth,"They did this to you for all these years?"

"Only half of the years...then they just, kinda stopped and...I never knew why..."

"I promise you, you'll never have to feel that ever again." I hug her, finally with out the chains holding her back.

"Come on, let's get out of-"

"What are you doing?!" I was interrupted by the of the squid guards. Shit...

"Play along, please..." I whisper to my mom. She faintly nods her head.

"I was gonna go take her to one of the cells, so I could put her out of her misery. I don't need her, and I never had. I asked the king if I could kill her personally, and he gave me his word."

"Okay, then. But I hope you don't mind if I watch..." He said as another squid guard came in. Then another, and what could make it better? Two more came in... So there were about 5 guards.

"Come on." I pull on my moms arm. I'm really sorry if I had hurt her, I just want it to seem real...

We go to one of the cells, and I slightly push her in. The guards keep adding up as we walked down the halls. Now, there were about 15 of them... "Give me a sword..." I motion my hand out to one of the guards. I feel the sword in my hand and grip it tightly. I sway it up to her neck, and see fear in her eyes.

I wink at her, to let her know this is all fake. I turn around and tell them,"Give me all your swords.... I want her to feel ten times the pain than she will with one sword."

They smirk and each hand me their swords. I memorized a spell in Seth's book about holding up something with my mind, but I wasn't sure if I was going to hold them all up at once... One by one, I was surrounding the swords with a blue aura and lifting them into the air all pointed at her. Everyone I lifted made the pain grew stronger. After what seemed like a thousand swords later, they were all being held up by me. I can't believe it! I'm actually doing this! Then I turn around to the guards again... Pointed a sword to each guard, and motioned my hand forward... The swords flew into their bodies, and all the guards were dead...

I go into the cell and help my mom up. We speed walk through the halls trying to avoid the guards and make it to the exit. We swim up to the surface and back to land. We started for the house and saw something we've never wanted to see...