#10//Alex

Requested by kateisvictory

"Babe, I have to get going, I'm on night shift at the hospital." You frown and give your boyfriend, Alex, a kiss while tracing hearts on his palm.

"I'm on early in the morning, so I'll see you in a couple hours. Love you."

"I love you too." You close his front door and walk to your car. You jam to some music while on your way to the hospital. You looked away for one second, just one second, and everything went black. You couldn't see anything, but everything hurt, and you could hear people.

People were screaming, "call 911!", "There's so much blood!", "oh my god, she has to be dead.", "is she dead?", "hopefully she can't feel anything." Then you heard ambulances and paramedics.

If you were in as bad of shape as everyone said, they probably couldn't recognize you. And then you remember you left your purse at Alex's. Your phone, wallet, ID. They didn't know who you were.

You were in the hospital now, and they rushed you right into surgery. They're not sure if you'll make it. They put you in the ICU as a Jane Doe.

"Hey, have you seen (Y/N)? She said she was working today, but I can't find her and she's not answering her pages." You heard Alex talking to a nurse at the desk just outside the door, and you could see him now too because you were conscious, even though your eyes are very swollen.

You were very lucky it was Alex's day on the ICU floor. That means that he'll be around to give you you're meds and stuff, and you can hopefully somehow give him a sign it's you. Despite not being able to talk.

Finally after hours, Alex came into your room. Your heart was racing as your blood pressure accelerated, causing machines to beep. It quickly returned to normal. As soon as Alex was close enough you grabbed his hand, he let you hold it, just thinking you were a scared patient who was alone.

You took his hand and flipped it so you could have access to his palm. With a shaky hand, you traced a heart onto his palm. He looked at you and furrowed his eyebrows, and went back to what he was doing. You yanked on his arm and continued tracing hearts.

He stared at you, "(y-y/n)?"

You just held his hand.

"Oh my god, no, no, no, no, no." He starts to walk out crying, running into the chair on his way out. "It's (Y/N)!" You hear him shout in the hallway, sobbing heavily.

Quickly every doctor and nurse were outside the door, all your friends. Alex never left your side, and you truly think his love is what helped you healed.

After many long, hard months, you were released from the hospital. You got to go home with Alex, and you were happier than ever.