#9//Derek

Requested by MERYEM_APPLE

You were about to go tell your father, Derek Shepherd, that you were pregnant. Although you were 22, you were still his little baby in his eyes.

You were so nervous. You had no idea how he would react or what he would think of you. You weren't even dating who you think is the father. He was a one night stand, you didn't even get his number.

"Dad?" You knock on his bedroom door. He was getting ready for a shift at the hospital.

"Hey honey." He smiles at you warmly.

"Can I tell you something?" You pause, "you're... you're gonna be a grandpa!" You smile nervously.

His eyes widen and your heart sinks. But then he smiles widely. "Really?!" He hesitates, "I have a bunch of questions, but I'm late for work. I'm so happy for you honey!" He kissed your cheek and ran downstairs and out the door with a smile on his face.

~~~

"I'm right here honey, it's okay." Your father, Derek, held your hand as the nurses told you to push.

"I can't do it anymore! Dad I can't do it!" You yell, crying. It's just now hitting you how young you are. You don't know if you can handle a child, especially alone.

"Listen to me, (Y/N). You can do this. You're not going to be alone through any of it. Yes it'll be tough, but I'm here. I'm always going to be here for you and my grandchild. You can do this." Minutes after your fathers encouraging words, your beautiful child was born.

This sucks, I'm sorry🙃