Chapter Seven: Blueberry Muffins

Start from the beginning

Yeah right. An asshole like him feel regret? Pfft.

Without another word, I walked towards the bathroom to change into my pajamas. I could hear him shuffling inside the room as I slipped on my flannel pants.

I was really tired of fighting when I walked out fully ready for bed.

"Look, just go to sleep and give me a break for the rest of the night. Honestly, don't sneak out tonight. Do it as a favor or whatever..." I finished lamely.  I tried not to appear fazed about his shirt no longer being on.

Without another word, Joshua began to spread the comforter and pillows, forming them into something that resembled a bed without the mattress.

I was shocked that he hadn't even tried to push my buttons. It was almost too good to be true...

It was, because after I turned off the lights and crawled onto the bed, I heard his voice resonate through the darkness.

"I'm cold," he complained.

Huffing, I pushed my only sheet down towards the floor using my feet.

Several more minutes passed, but I just couldn't go to sleep. I was going to have some serious eye bags tomorrow morning if I didn't fall asleep soon.

It was just that having Joshua in the room made me nervous.

 There I said it.

Having a guy in the room wasn't letting me sleep.

Come on Lilly, you're twenty motherloving years old. Get. A. Grip. I thought to myself.

"Lilly?" Joshua said in a small voice. It made me realize that I wasn't the only one still awake.

"Yeah?" I responded loudly.

"I'm lonely..." I could tell he was smirking down there.

"Too bad. Go to sleep, Asswipe." I replied grumpily.

Surprisingly, insulting him gave me the peace of mind to finally fall asleep.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damn, I was comfortable.

I didn't think that I had ever felt this comfortable in the morning. Without opening my eyes, I turned towards my left, enjoying the comfort, warmth, and peacefulness.

Something wasn't right. I hadn't slept with any covers last night, yet I could feel them sliding against my bare skin.

Like glass shattering, a word shined bright and ugly in my mind.

Spooning.

I was in the spooning position, but not by myself. My morning was instantly ruined when I realized that the covers weren't the only thing keeping me warm.

A strong pair of arms were.

I quickly pushed the arms away and jumped out of the bed awkwardly. My departure didn't seem to truly impact Joshua, for all he did was stir a bit. I felt taken advantage of as I stared down at him. Plus, I hated myself for not being more careful. Why the hell didn't I wake up and notice that he had gotten into my bed?

I needed payback.

Tip-toeing into the bathroom, I filled up one of the hotel's plastic cups. At the same time, I looked up to catch sight of my hideous bed-head staring back at me. Yugh. Making sure that the water reached the brim, I sprinted back into the room.

I counted down from five before I poured the entire contents directly at Joshua's face.

He mechanically sat up, sputtering and coughing up water.