Memories.

Naruto fell into a river.

"Ah!" He shouted as his clothes became soaked with water so suddenly.

Naruto stood up quickly. "What the?" He rubbed his head. "Where am I? What happened just now?"

Naruto looked around. Then, he figured the monk guys must've done it.

Naruto clenched his fists. "I hate it when people spontaneously teleport someone like that! It drives me nuts!"

Naruto then took in his surroundings.

He was in a large wasteland like place; seemingly gray all over. There were two beams of light, one blue, one yellow. They must have been the spirit portals, Naruto figured. He then looked and saw a giant tree with a hollow inside in the middle of the gray place.

Naruto felt attracted to it; partly because it was a new terrain, but mostly because he liked things that looked dangerous. It was part of his hero thing.

Naruto walked toward the tree.

Once he got to the trunk, he traversed up it until he got to the hollowed out area. That's when spirits of all kinds began showing up.

Naruto walked into the tree a little more, and then saw something happen.

Naruto watched as dozens of pictures of himself popped up. His age varied in the pictures. Some old, like when he was at the academy, and some recent, like the battle with Deidara and Sasori.

He saw when he was young, and just being admitted into the academy. He saw when the night him and Iruka sensei fought with Mizuki. He watched himself fight Neji in the Chunin exams, and the crowd cheering for his victory. He saw as he fought with Sasuke to try and bring him back. That one brought tears to Naruto's eyes.

He kept seeing scene after scene of his life; him going to train with Jiraiya, him returning and seeing everyone after two and a half years, the mission to save Gaara, him training to learn rasenshuriken, even the most recent event, the battle with Pein.

He stared at the scenes for what seemed like hours, when a voice interrupted him.

"I had no idea you ha gone through so much."

Naruto turned around. He saw the little girl; expect, she wasn't a girl anymore, she was green and she was a spirit!

Naruto made his shocked face. "Ah! Did you die?! Are you gonna haunt me now?!"

Jinora chuckled at his cluelessness about this world. "No. This is my astral projection. I am speaking to you through what is kind of like a phone with an image."

Naruto relaxed. "Oh. What's a phone?"

Jinora waved off the question. "So this is where you're from." She examined all of his life through the pictures. She was amazed at the differences between the worlds.

She focused on the battle with Pein. She recognized it as a recent event.

"Oh..." She watched as he beat down the Peins, and as Hinata came to his rescue. She saw Hinata get injured, and Naruto lose control of the Nine Tails.

Naruto watched too, as he never remembered being the Nine Tails.

After the battle was finished, Jinora turned to Naruto. "So you're from another world then?"

Naruto shrugged. "Unless, I'm stuck in some sort of Genjutsu."

"Now that we know, we may have a better idea of how to help you." She told him. "Meet us at Republic City." With that, Jinora's projection faded.

Naruto stood still for a second, and then slapped his hands to his temples.

"How am I supposed to know where to go?!" He shouted.

Jinora's image appeared again. "Oops. I forgot you don't know your way around the spirit world. I'll show you."

She began floating away from the tree, with  Naruto behind her.