Tom +True, Pastel, Colors+

A/N: "Hey look at that! I actually managed to stay away from writing for a little while!" Is what I'd say if I managed to not update this every single day-- Anyways, here's the Tom x Pastel!Reader, as promised!

From the moment you opened your eyes, you've always looked up. You love the sky, the light calming blues of the day, purple pink of twilight, but what you loved the most was night. So tragically beautiful, a graveyard of stars. You love the stars, bright and seemingly endless as they were.

Stars are why you find yourself here tonight, on the roof. You find comfort in the glittering expanse above.

Yet, comfort seems to come at a price, and that price has a name.

Tord.

The two of you were so deeply in love. He did everything for you, and you did everything for him. Often you two spent nights just like you are now, stargazing on the roof.

Or you did, until one day he suddenly left without a word to you.

Naturally, you were heartbroken at first, but time has past and you no longer harbor any feelings for the devilish Norwegian.

In fact, as of late you've been eyeing your housemate Tom. The void-eyed Brit was good to you, as a friend that is. He always spent time with you, and gave you a shoulder to cry on when you were sad about Tord.

It wasn't anything serious, just a dumb crush. Then again, when it came to you, nothing was serious, you saw life as a joke.

A joke... Is that what Tord thought you were? Is that why he left without so much as a glance in your direction? Why he hasn't bothered to try and contact you?

Sudden loud noises at the side of the house jolted you from your thoughts, but you didn't bother sitting up or looking, whatever happens, will happen.

You smiled to yourself, letting your eyes fall shut for a moment. The air was cool, not too cold, but a nice temperature, perfect for wearing your (F/C) hoodie, which you were not. Even if it was a little chilly, you found yourself comfortable in your lavender sweater and floral jeans.

Opening your eyes once more, your (E/C) orbs met with the pitch black ones of none other than Tom.

"Tom." You smiled up at him.

"(Y/N)" He sat himself next to your reclined form.

Tom set down a small bag, a few bottles clinking together inside, before unstrapping his bass from his back and placing it beside him.

"Thought you could use some company" Tom told you, you hummed in reply.

Slowly, you sat up, your eyes never once leaving the stars above you.

"What do you think happens when we die?" Your question was sudden, and unwarranted.

"No idea..." Yet he responded to you all the same.

"We're all made of stardust you know" You completely abandoned the previous topic.

The light brunet male hummed in reply, opening a bottle of Smirnoff, which you gratefully took.

"Maybe our souls are of better worlds..." You mused, taking a swig of the alcoholic drink.

"Then I have a terrible homesickness of the stars." Tom sighed out, opening his own bottle of vodka.

Tom took a swig of the drink, before picking up his cherished bass, and slowly strumming a few cords.

The night progressed with the soft sounds of occasional bass playing and questions just as heavy as the drinking.

"(Y/N)?" Tom was surprising the one to ask a question before you.

"Ya?" You hummed, finally tearing your gaze away from the blackened sky, and to the man you found yourself falling for by the minute.

"What did you see in him?"

"Excuse me?" You weren't offended by the question, just surprised.

"What did you see in Tord?" He repeated.

"Well... I'm not too sure honestly... I just, I liked him, y'know?" You shrugged, mind drawing a blank.

"I'm sure I have reasons... Probably a whole list of them, his eyes, his grin, his hair, just him..." You continued, allowing your mind to wander.

"He was no good for you." Tom scoffed.

"Well I wouldn't say that..." You hesitated.

"He left you (Y/N), he left such a wonderful person, and didn't even seem to care about what he had done."

You opened your mouth to make an argument against him, but found yourself unable to.

"Look, I know I don't like him too much personally, but I'm telling you this as your friend, not his enemy. Tord was selfish, and didn't care for you at all when you were with him." Tom continued.

"I never once heard him tell you he loved you, he never even held your hand when others were around! Maybe you couldn't see his true colors at first, but I hope you can now."

You felt conflicted inside. Tom was right when you thought about it, even if you had loved Tord.

All Tord ever did was ignore you, he told you he just didn't like saying 'I love you', and that he didn't like affection, but now it just seemed ridiculous.

"I-I..." You tried to speak, but there was nothing to say, there was nothing you could say.

"I know he left suddenly, but you need to move on, I'll help you find someone better." Tom assured you.

You were unsure if Tom meant what he was saying, or if the three bottles of vodka had finally gone to his head. Either way, you were happy that he'd try so hard to comfort and help you.

"Thank you Tom... You're right..." Your voice was soft, and once again that night your eyes returned to the stars.

"It's not like I don't have an idea already... I have someone new in mind" You told him, he grinned at you.

"He's different from Tord, to say the least. He shows me he cares, he comforts me... When I sit alone, he joins me. He's not too happy all the time, and sure he has his problems, but I have problems too..." You weren't sure where exactly you were going with this, you just knew that you needed to say it.

"He's someone, who shows me his true colors."

"But his true colors aren't like Tord's... His colors were dark hidden behind blindingly bright ones. I was blinded by the sharp colors, and I couldn't see the dark ones underneath..."

"But his colors are soft, gentle on the eyes, and hide nothing. Sure his colors are stained with vodka, and he has his problems..."
"And he's not always the happiest..."

"But he cares, and he shows it. When I'm alone he joins me, he comforts me when I'm sad, and he supports my choices, even if he doesn't want to..."

"He really does show off-"

Opening your mouth again to speak, you were cut off by Tom pulling you in for a Smirnoff flavored kiss.

Lovestruck and drunk, you enjoyed the kiss before Tom pulled away.

"His true, pastel, colors..."

A/N: Still bad at ending these things-- Anyways, I'm almost done with the Matt x Pastel!Reader, and that should be out tomorrow if I can't keep myself from updating, anyway please request, and enjoy your day -Daybreak