*Tom* Sparks

A/N: Happy 4th of July everyone! Now I promised myself I would stop updating this nearly everyday, but I felt the need to do something for the holiday. However I AM going to stick to my word and update this less frequently until I get more readers/some requests. For now enjoy!

If anyone who knew you were to describe you, they'd probably all say the same thing. Hopeless romantic. Not that it was a bad thing. No, people found it rather sweet, innocent even how you'd so often get lost in daydreams of romance. There was only one problem with this. You were sure all your past relationships didn't have that, spark, to them. Hence the "Hopeless" part.

Currently you were with your best friend, and housemate, Edd, in his room, sighing about how you wished it was. You sighed, pulling the pillow you were holding even closer to your chest.

"Its just... Where are the sparks?" You questioned your friend, whom you knew was just as clueless in the matter. "All I've ever read, watched, even seen, there's always something about sparks! Or butterflies! Or whatever! But why have I never felt them?" You huffed.

Edd lifted his gaze from his sketchbook. "I know what you mean (Y/N)" he sighed dreamily, being just as hopelessly romantic as you.

"And its like he doesn't even see me! It would be so sweet too... Two best friends, two housemates, falling for each other!" You swooned, having forgotten Edd had little to no idea of who your crush was.

"Housemate?" Edd asked, moving his art stuff lower and staring at you.

Your face went red as you gulped nervously. "I like Tom..." You trailed off, thoughts drifting to said man. Especially his eyes, you loved his void like eyes that you got lost in, you swore you could see whole galaxies in those orbs. "But don't you dare tell him!" You hissed.

Edd laughed "I won't! I won't! Don't worry (Y/N)!" He chuckled, a grin suddenly stretching its was across his face. There was only one thing you knew, and it was that face couldn't mean anything good.

"Hey (Y/N)? I just remembered, Matt wanted to go shopping, and I'm going with!" He exclaimed, dashing out of the room.

"I hate you!" You called after him. Besides it was dark out, you knew if he actually had to go shopping he would've done it  already.

With nothing to do, and no one else home, you decided to go hang out with Tom. On your way to his room your face suddenly flushed red. You became distracted as your mind played various confession scenarios. Maybe he'd be singing a song about you, and playing his bass, and you'd over hear his confession. Or maybe He'd confess drunkenly, or ask you to meet him outside and confess under the stars. You'd been so caught up in your fantasies that you didn't notice, you'd stopped walking.

"Uhh, (Y/N)?" You also hadn't noticed Tom standing in front of you.

You squealed in surprise, snapping out of your daze. "T-tom!" You cried, embarrassed and flustered. "Didn't, hah, didn't see you there! Need something?" You asked.

"Just wondering if you wanted to listen to me play my bass outside?" He requested.

You nodded immediately. "Y-ya! Let's go!" You chirped.

It was darker than you expected when you made it to the backyard. You wondered just what Edd and Matt were up to after all.

Tom sat down on the cool grass, and you took a seat next to him. A shiver passed through you, and you wished you hadn't left your hoodie inside.

"You cold?" Tom asked, to which you nodded. He slipped off his cobalt hoodie and offered it to you.

"Here, this'll help keep you warm"

"But Tom! You'll be cold!" You refused, although you didn't want to. Surely it was warm, and not to mention, Tom looked extremely good with only his gray T-shirt on.

"Nah, just take it" he insisted. You beamed, how, romantic.

You slipped on the hoodie without further argument. Suddenly he began to strum some cords on his bass. He simply played, didn't speak, didn't sing, expect on the last eight cords.

"How do you say, I, love, you, (Y/N)~?" He sang. Not stopping a moment to let you realize what he just confessed, he leaned in, grabbed you softly, and pulled you into a passionate kiss.

You closed your eyes and pushed back into the kiss. Just like that, there it was. The butterflies, the sparks. Then, the sparks became literal. Edd and Matt could be heard giggling as the pair set off fireworks in the middle of your kiss.

When you pulled away, you couldn't help but grin like and idiot. You noticed Tom was smiling too, as he wrapped his arm around your shoulder and pulled you in close.

You stayed there for awhile, wrapped in his hoodie and his arms. Just watching the fireworks.

"Tom?"

"Ya (Y/N)?"

"I love you."

"I love you too."

A/N: Awe! This one was so fun to write! So cute! Not really related to the 4th of July, but eh, the fireworks are good enough for me! -Daybreak