chapter seventeen

Depuis le début

"How did you sleep baby girl?" I cooed as she blotted herself closer to Asher's chest. Now that I see them with each other the resemblance between the both of them shows even though she looks the most like me.

"Good mama. Breaky please now mummy." I nodded and started with breakfast.

"Do you want anything papa?" I turned to look at Sergei who looked completely compelled by Rose. I had forgotten that he had never met her before. It just felt so normal for me to have him back with me that the basic things slipped my mind.

"Who that mummy?" Rose spoke up leaning towards Sergei, tilting her head to the side.

He smiled at her and put his hand out for her to shake.

"Hello there Princess. My name is Sergei. I'm your mummy's godfather, but you can call me pop pop." She looked a bit taken back by his voice. She had never heard someone with that thick of an accent before today. All of a sudden she became shy and hid her face in Ash's neck. He chuckled softly at her movement and placed her more comfortably on his lap. But even though she hid her face she still shook his hand giving him her award-winning smile that makes everyone melt and that look in her eyes. It does the trick.

"She is exactly like you at the same age.  Acts all shy and adorable but still gets you under her spell. You did the same when you were little, with all the other mafia and gang leaders because you would never leave your father's or my office when there would be meetings. You had all the most feared men in the palm of your hand, and she is doing the same." Asher was quick to agree with his statement, making my cheeks turn a shade of pink.

We all ate in relative silence apart from the times where Rose would talk about her dollies or the fact that her birthday was soon and that she wanted a pony.

After that, all three of us excused our selves to get dressed while Sergei waited in the living room with Carter discussing some gang business.

I decided to wear all black because we were going to go to the basement and start questioning the guy that kept Asher captive. My outfit consisted of black jeans that made my bum look really good, a black top that stuck to my body like a second skin with a sort of v neck covered by a criss-cross pattern in the front of it and finally my signature shoes: the Louboutin red soul, black high heels. I must say I looked hot.  I curled my hair and made little horns on the top of my head just for style and added effect.

  I curled my hair and made little horns on the top of my head just for style and added effect

(Her top but her's is in black)

I turned around and Ash was in a designer suit like one he wore when we first met. It was all black with a pristine white shirt under the vest. His hair was slicked back and he placed his gun in his waistband and fixed his tie in the mirror.

Once we were done, the both of us walked down the stairs back into the living room, where Papa was waiting for us. Soon after Rose was running down the stairs in a light brown dress that twirled when she turned. Her hair was up in a messy bun as she ran towards us. I knew that Annie had helped her get ready while I was getting dressed.