chapter fifteen

*edited*

Everleigh:

After what felt like hours were merely 15 minutes like Ray promised and both Ash and I were led blindfolded to the garden.

"Ready guys?" Ray asked with a hint of excitement in his voice.

"Ray hurry up to take this blindfold off I wanna see!" I whined and a chuckle came from behind me wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Patience is a virtue baby. What do you think Ray? Should we let her wait a little longer?" His chest vibrated from his laugh and both the guys were laughing at my misery.

"He has his blindfold off? That's not fair!" I pouted my lip and crossed my arms and turned my head to where I'm guessing Ash is.

"Angel don't be sad. Here I'll take it off." And he did. He slowly slid the fabric of my eyes and I was once again met with his baby blues. I smiled softly at him and reached up to kiss his lips as a thank you. We must have taken a little longer than I thought as we were interrupted by someone clearing their throat.

" Sorry to interrupt yet again but for dinner is served. If you would like to follow me to our private table specially set up for you." Louis ushered us to the table and I was just in awe of what Ray had set up for us.

He had led us to a part of the garden I had not seen because this place is massive! There was a table placed in the centre of it was a bottle of wine. All around at a safe distance were candles of all shapes and sizes all lit up. Fairy lights were wrapped around the branches of the nearby trees as well as lanterns.

"Wow! you really outdid yourself, Ray. Thank you." I walked over to him and gave him a big hug and he immediately gave it back but not for long because I was snatched back by Ash.

"Mine!" He said possessively. He doesn't do this often only when I go and hug or talk a little too long to his men, or any man for that matter. Ray put his hands up in surrender.

"She's all your mate. You have made that very clear since day one." He had a slightly panicked look on his face which was quite endearing. Asher gave him the death glare and that sends him off to skedaddle. Asher started to walk me to our table where Louis, who was our waiter for the night, was waiting with the bottle of wine in his hand looking very smart with his penguin-like suit.

" Oh before I leave Rose's room is on your left when you are at the table and look up so that she can see you and you can see her. Paul is up there too." I smiled at him again feeling very lucky to have all these guys in my life.

"All right thanks, Ray now fuck off!" Ash added with a sweetly aggravated voice. I placed my hand in his and walked him to our table before telling him to take it easy with him he was only helping and being nice.

"Yeah a little too nice in my opinion," He mumbled under his breath but I still heard.

After we ate our improvised meal that was done by Carter which consisted of spaghetti and meatballs. I felt like I was in lady and the tramp when they have that romantic dinner and end up kissing at the end of it. I watch way too many movies with Rose.

"So baby girl, there are a lot of things that I don't know about you and vice versa. For example the fact that you are the heir to the Russian mafia and one of the most powerful gangs in the world. care to explain how that happened?" He raised his brow at me and crossed his arms before placing them on the table and leaning in. I, on the other hand, took another sip of my marvellous red wine to give me some courage.

"Well as you know already I am the daughter of Sean Graham and my godfather is the head of the Russian mafia. So far so good. Anyway, I was the firstborn of the family thus making me the rightful heir to my father's empire." I took a breath and he nodded for me to continue

"So, even if I had a brother that was a little less than a year younger my father saw the spark of a leader of some sort in me I guess? But my mother if you can call her that didn't agree with me taking over. She was so besotted with my brother that she would try everything to let him have it." I frowned a little at all the memories of how awful she was to me all to have my brother have all I have worked for.

" Even if she was awful to me for his benefit, he wasn't like that with me. He always helped me and pushed me to prove her wrong that I was set to take my dad's place. He was a great brother." I felt his hand on my cheek and the other was holding my hand.

"Don't cry, angel. I'm here now and he seemed like a good man your brother. What happened?" I didn't even realise I was crying until he mentioned it. But talking about my brother is a tough subject for me to discuss because that day I didn't only lose my brother but also my best friend.

I took a shaky breath in and tears kept running down my cheeks. I can't not right now at least.

"Hey, hey. Everleigh you don't have to talk about it now. It's fine to continue with telling me how you became what you are today alright?" His voice was soft and loving making me more at ease and I was very grateful that he didn't pry anymore on that subject. I took I deep breath and wiped my tears away without destroying what is left of my make up.

" So anyway" I let out a nervous laugh and continued " Sergei didn't like my mother and still doesn't to this day. I was very good friends with his daughter but she was very much a girly girl and he tried to keep her away from this life and since he didn't have a son or any other male relative for that matter like a nephew as such and so that's when I came into the picture." I gave him a small smile and he gave it back giving my hand a squeeze.

"So to piss my mother off he put me next in line for his empire. And when I was 18 I got the tattoo representing the new brand that I will create by joining both of those empires. And that's basically it after it gets complicated once I got pregnant with Rose.." He nods in understanding taking a sip of his drink.

"Thank you for sharing. It makes things a little more clear. What do you say we head up and cuddle in bed." He stood up a reached for my hand and walked me back into the house.

"Thank you for tonight. It wasn't exactly like it was planned but I still loved it."

"Me too, angel. As long as you are there than I am a happy man." He leaned down and left a long and sweet kiss on my lips.

We arrived in our room and we both started to undress. I was in the bathroom in my underwear taking my remaining makeup off when a pair of very strong arms came around my arms. Asher started placing kisses going from my shoulder to my neck. Making me let out a sigh of delight at the contact of his bare chest against my back.

"Asher! I brushing me teef!" I tried to reason with him through brushing my teeth. But he didn't stop. I finished with my teeth and he swung me over his shoulder and plopped me on the bed making we squeal and yell his name.

"Better save those vocal cords for a little later love when you are going to be having one heck of a night." He justified himself with a cheeky grin and lust filled eyes.

I don't think I am not going to do much sleeping tonight if you know what I mean...

_________________