chapter seventeen

*edited*

Everleigh:

"I love you too."

That was the only thing that played in my mind as I was standing there facing a very hot and shirtless Ash. I can't believe I actually said that.  And that he said it back too.

We stepped to one another, he placed his hands on my hips and connected our foreheads.

"I love you, everything about you. I love that little girl, mine or not. " He breathed out and before I could say anything else there was a loud knock and the sound of footsteps entering our room.

"Boss. Mr Romanov is here. Said you were expecting him." Carter said a little out of breath and confused as to why he was here and frankly, me too. Ash let out a breath and pulled away from me and gave a slight smile looking at my confused face.

"Surprise." It took me a few seconds to compute what was going on, sure I knew that at some point before Rose's birthday we would meet but I wasn't expecting this early. I just smiled the biggest smile I could do, kissed him and ran straight past Carter and down the stairs to the living room and up the entrance.

"Papa!" I yelled and he turned around and his look softened once he saw me.   I ran up into his arms. He picked me up and I placed my legs around his waist like when I was little. The last time I saw him was at the Gala and I was a bit shell-shocked to see him and I was worried that he hated me or something after I left without saying goodbye.

He was carrying me like a baby as if a weighed nothing, my head on his shoulder as he was rocking me back and forth. And if it wasn't for someone clearing their throat I would have probably fallen back asleep.

" Sergei." Ash's voice meant business.

"Asher. Nice of you to let me see my little snowdrop" His thick Russian accent could be recognized in an instant, to me at least.

He put me back on the ground and looked me up and down and that's when I realized I was only in a bright pink underwear and one of Ash's t-shirts. And the second thing I realized is that there were quite a few guys around me. All Asher's and Sergei's guys. I flushed bright red and hid behind a very mad Ash at the fact that besides him, Sergei and Carter, everyone was looking at me in a lustful way that made me uneasy.

That's when my knight in shining armour, or more like my wonder woman, Annie. she walked in with a pair of joggers and threw them to me. I mouthed a thank you and slipped them on.

"You look at her like that one more time and it will be the last thing you will see. " Asher snapped at his men and Sergei did the same to his men but in Russian and he didn't seem pleased at all about this. I came out from behind Ash and took both his and Papa's hand and dragged them into the kitchen. There was a silence and I could sense a certain tension. About what? I couldn't say. I suppose there is more to this visit than just seeing me and meeting my little girl.

Luckily the pitter patter of little footsteps could be heard. And there entering the living room was a rather sleepy looking Rose with her teddy in one hand and the other rubbing her eyes to get the sleep out. Ash stood up and walked to her taking her in his arms like I was in  Sergei's just moments before. Only with her, it was a lot cuter because Ash was shirtless and he was holding little Rose all dressed in pink princess pyjamas. Doesn't a guy look sexier when he holds a baby in his arms?  Nope? Just me? Alright...

She moaned a grumpy morning moan when she was shifting to get more comfortable in his arms. I finished with all the coffees and placed them on the central kitchen island, then walked up to give my daughter a good morning kiss.