Chapter six

*edited*

Everleigh :

The car ride was silent. But a comfortable silence. His car was super comfortable too and a little music played in the background, nothing too loud. Another black car was following us, I'm guessing it's the boys.

We arrived at this beautiful castle typesetting and it was now getting dark. He parked the car and opened the door for me. What a gentleman!
We walked inside but before Ash gave orders to his men to make sure the perimeter is safe. I need to feel less surprised because he is a gang leader.
But all I was thinking about was Rose. It's the first time I left her alone with people I didn't know that well. The first time without me, if you exclude my work days when she is at the caretakers. My mind was worrying and I was getting fidgety. I think Ash saw that.
"Hey angel, you ok?" His deep husky voice came through me as he whispers in my ear. I snapped out of my thoughts to answer

"Umm.. y-yeah. I'm fine don't worry." I tried walking off into the main room where everyone is but he stopped me by grabbing my wrist. He spun me around to that I was facing him pulling me closer and with his other, he lifted my chin up so that I was looking at him in the eyes.

"Baby. Tell me what's wrong." His eyes make me melt and his touch is too soft.

"Everleigh, speak to me. Please baby, tell me what's wrong.." his voice was stern at first by seeing me with watery eyes his next sentence was a lot softer.
I built up the courage to tell him what was on my mind.

" I'm scared... about Rose."
I merely say just above a whisper.

"Angel, Rose is safe and protected by my men. Heck if someone wants to get to her we will need to pass all my security and that's not happening anytime soon, you don't need to worry."

I sigh and cuddle up to his chest. He is stiff at first but I feel his arms wrap around me and I feel his warmth again.  He kisses the top of my head and says

"We need to go in now. Are you ready?"
I nod in response when the boys come back and tell us that it's safe for us to walk in.

Once we do all eyes are on us and some even gasp seeing us walk in like that. Ash has his arm around my waist, I look up at him and I see that he has his 'you look at her, I'm gonna kill you face' on and I feel protected but a little intimidated at the same time. I wouldn't want to cross him.
He lead us to our table and I sat there looking around and all looked super fancy, there was a chandelier in the centre of the room over the dance floor. A band was on stage playing classical music, waiters serving champagne flutes and appetisers. A couple people were dancing, some others were talking. I felt out of place, there was a lot of beautiful women in the arms of I suppose influential men, maybe other gang leaders? I don't know. I kept looking around analysing the people around me. Most young women are with older men and they are dressed so sluttily, probably gold diggers or escorts. The elder women are probably their mothers or cougars for the young men or their wife. I just guessing all this I don't know what else to do Ash is talking with a guy at our table making phone calls.

I leaned over to Ash that was on his phone
"What exactly are we doing here?"
He looked up from his phone to look at me.
"What do you mean ?" He knitted his eyebrows in confusion.

"Well, what are we doing here? Why did we come? Nothing is happening."
He took my hand in his and gave me that smirk of his
"It hasn't started yet. This is like a business dinner."
This time it was my turn to be confused
"Are these people all gang leaders?"
I whispered the last part, feeling unsure all of a sudden about all this. I was scared that my dad would be here along with my mother.

Don't get me wrong I love my father, I like my mother a lot less because of past events that aren't relevant now. But I don't want Ash to know that my father is a powerful gang leader in Australia. That's why I'm not scared to be with him and I'm not scared about the fact that they all have guns.  That doesn't mean I trust them either.

I'm worried about what Ash might do if he finds out who my Dad is. I don't know if they are on good terms or not.
A million questions run through my mind as my breathing becomes uneven.

"Most of them yes...Hey angel, are you alright? "
He startled me as I tried to calm my breathing and focus back on him and not the millions of questions.

"Yes, I'm fine. Just admiring how beautiful it is here."
I looked into his blue eyes trying to see if I was convincing.  The worry that was plastered on his face was gone and replaced with a small smile.
He pecked me on the lips and helped me stand up.
"Come. I'll need to introduce you to some people."

We walked to a group of men that all had beautiful women in their arms, I felt like I wasn't good enough.  As we came closer,  a couple saw us and left which left us with the last couple. As we arrived I just stood there in shock.

I knew that man. He had made deals with my dad before and I grew up with his daughter. His name was...

"Sergei Romanov."

____________