Chapter twelve

*edited*

Everleigh:

During the car ride, I was at the back with Ash who had passed out once Carter had brought him out. The three other men were in the other vans.

Asher's head was on my lap, his breathing was stable even if it came out a bit rocky. I was stroking his hair, smiling to myself that he was there, back in my arms.

"We're here." Carter turned to the back of the car. I nodded to him. I trailed my finger on his jaw, taking care to not touch all the cuts and bruises that covered his bloody face.

"Asher, babe. Wake up so that I can clean your cuts." I stroked his hair out of his face placing a kiss behind his ear.

"Mmmmm" he shifted on my lap slowly waking up. He sat up holding his head.

"Gosh my head hurts but that was one of the best sleep I've had" he smiled looking down at me.

"Come on, big guy we need to get you cleaned up."

I helped him walk in the house, it was about 8 in the evening so I knew Rose was already in bed and I was glad she was because I didn't want her to see his face in that state and me covered in his blood.

I dragged him to the live-in doctor's office to get him fully checked before cleaning up. While I was waiting for him to finish up I rounded up everyone that went with me to get them back for a meeting.

"Alright people. Tonight rest up I do not want to see you before lunchtime. Rest you deserve it. I'll have another meeting with you tomorrow."

They all nodded and said 'yes boss'.

"Go home and rest guys." I smiled at them and they left.

I was taking my shoes off when a strong arm came around my waist.
I squealed when I was lifted from the ground and brought up the stairs to our room.

"Ash! Put me down! You're in no condition to pick me up." He put me down and I scolded him.

"If it's you than I can take everything. Bullets, chains, knives. Anything." He pecked my lips.

"Come on you, we need to fix that face." I took his hand and led him to the bathroom.

He sat me on the sink counter with the first aid kit next to me as I started cleaning his wounds.

"Sooo.."

"Sooo?" I copied.

"You were pretty feisty back there. Care to explain how you can be that person when the girl I met that night in the alley was afraid of the man that hurt her?" He raised his eyebrow placing his hands either side of me blocking me from leaving.

I looked down not wanting to face him. I just couldn't. I feel like I've lied to him about who I am.

"That was me then and that's me now. I can shoot and throw knives but I can't do hand to hand combat. I have a pretty mean right hook but that's all." I still couldn't look at him.

"Baby look at me." His voice was soft as he took my chin in his hand.

"How come you can't fight but can do the rest?" His left hand was now on my thigh rubbing up and down waiting for me to continue.

"My dad never taught me how. It sounds stupid but he always said that I wouldn't need to learn that when I took over." I slapped my hand over my mouth I felt like I've said too much already.

"Listen can we talk about this after we both take a shower and after we had a good night sleep, please. I'll tell you everything tomorrow but right now I just want to cuddle and be with you without the complications of my life."

I looked at him with pleading eyes. He sighed and kissed my forehead. I leaned over so that my head was against his chest.

"Thank you," I whispered out.
We both pulled away and did what we had to do.

Once I was finished with my shower I slipped on a pair of joggings and a tank top leaving my hair loose. I climbed into bed and snuggled up to a shirtless Ash. Every time I looked at his lightly bruised face covered in cuts my heart hurts. I don't like seeing him in pain like that.

I trailed my fingers onto his defined chest, over his tattoos, his old and new scars. Memorising all his features, every little detail of him.

He pulled me closer to his chest, playing with the ends of my hair with one hand while the other was drawing invisible things on my thigh.

"Go to sleep angel, it's been a long day. For all of us." He placed a long kiss on the top of my head.

I closed my eyes and let sleep take over me with a smile wrapped in his arms and with these sweet words.

"Goodnight my angel, I think I'm falling for you."

_____________