Trail

It seemed like everyone had been enjoying waking me up from my slumber a lot lately. First Mel, then the guy my mom who had me with and now someone was waking me up on a day that I didn't have to get up early. Granted that it was around eleven in the morning, but still. This time, there was a knocking on my door. I knew it wasn't my mother because she hardly ever knocked. This left two people.

"Babe, as cute you are when you sleep, I need ya up." My eyes were ajar because of the rude awakening that I was experiencing. I looked up at Thorin who was grinning from ear to ear with his hands on his sides. My middle finger grazed the air, signaling that it was not a good time and proceeded to roll over to ignore the asshole that was standing in front of me. Was it mean? A little bit but it was also mean to wake me up.

"Flora, you know what I'm capable of. Don't make me use my gift." The sound of his knuckles popping was loud, fully waking me up.

I turned my neck, trying to give him the best puppy eyed look that I could ever done. "But Thorin." As much as I hate to admit it, my lips pouted.

"It's Saturday."

Fuck.

"Did my mom let you in?" He didn't come from his normal route so my mother must have been apart of project 'wake Flora up in an unreasonable time'. It was kind of weird because it had been sometime since he acted like a normal human being instead of a spider monkey and climbed through my window.

"Of course, she loves me." Thorin said proudly.

I eyed him, taking in the dark purple shirt that he was wearing. "That color looks good on you."

"Thank you but you still have to get up." He squinted his eyes at me.

"Mother fucker." I snorted.

"I'd rather be a Flora fucker." The skin on my side was pinched by the grinning asshole. He knew that was slick on his part by the smile I was trying so hard to hide. I had a choice. I could have A, rolled over and screamed for my mother, telling her that there was a psycho in my room who was threatening to tickle me until I got up. Or I could try to fight him but again, then it would end with Thorin practically destroying the nerves on my skin. So I did neither and continued to flip him off while getting up.

Love comes in many forms.

******

I rolled my lips together in nervousness as the town that we lived in quickly passed me by and trees began to take place of the buildings. My thumbs and index fingers fiddled with my shirt that wanted to rest on my black leggings but I couldn't let that happen. I was nervous, not because Thorin was grinning from ear to ear though I have learned that something bad always came from the grinning idiot, but because we were basically in the woods. Yes, he did take me to a secluded area on our date (I've learned to accept it), but this was different.

Thorin had asked me to make sure to wear something comfortable, which I did. But I didn't know why, usually it seemed like Thorin didn't care to what I wore. He remained his usual attire except for the tennis shoes he sported instead of the more skater like shoes that was more of his style.

The car stopped in a large parking lot that was surrounded by more trees and a little brown building. There also a couple of park benches that were spread through out on a field of unruly grass and flowers. Brown streaks carved themselves into the earth, allowing pathways for people to go further down into the thick tree's darkness just to be 'one with the earth' as one would say.

"This is another place I like to go to." He said, smiling while getting out of the car. I did the same, slowly taking the scent of flowers and grass. The sun was burning and reminding me that I should be in bed but I bit my tongue and continued to smile at Thorin who looked genuinely happy.