Day Walker

Ugh, why so dark?

Show yourself more cutie!

Ur hot, but need more light!

2 dark, cant c.

I sighed as I had to agree with the people. The selfie I had taken was dark, mostly because I took it at night and used my room's light. Yeah, the quality wasn't the best because I didn't have professional lighting, but I was sick and tired of them saying it was too dark.

There was only once way I could get a better picture.

The universe was on my side, or so I thought when I walked downstairs from my bedroom that was basically a very large attic. I had picked the loft because my mom was too lazy to run up all of the steps. My big ass was too, but at least if there was a murder, then they would have a hard time getting up.

Anyway, I was thankful towards the universe because mom wasn't home. That way, she wouldn't be asking me why I would be taking so many pictures of myself.

I moved stealthy across the house with my phone. A picture of my face was taken, but the photo still came out too dark. I didn't think it was too dark, but I knew the people of Cutesy would bitch about it. It was time to do something drastic.

The coast was clear once more on the outside. There were no people walking on the sidewalk, no one was driving by, not even a new couple was walking  to the Wallers, the swingers. Everything was perfect for me to go outside, no people, the sun was out, and my mom was gone. And the best part? Theo, wait no, Terry, no not the math idiot, T something wasn't out. I didn't have to come out of my nicely shut shell for him.

My camera showed my body moved when I walked with my phone pointing toward myself. It was difficult to watch out for the little bundles of weeds while making sure I looked good in the camera. But somehow, I managed to walk around the block. Now, I'm not saying that my area of the block is normal, it's not normal at all, but going farther down... it was disastrous. Kids with bare feet ran, mothers without bras chased after them and grannies sat there rocking their chairs. It was hard to see how bad it was getting.

Something needed to change.

No, not my direction, well my particular direction though I was getting a little too far away from home for my taste. The direction of how everything was going with the part of the town. Sighing after I saw an old guy sitting on his porch, shirtless, toothless and with a shotgun in his hand, I turned my ass back around.

I was looking at the pictures that I took and crinkled my nose. If one picture didn't have me squinting my eyes because of the sun then it had something in the background like a kid running away from his mom.

Another reason why I hated people.

Another reason why I hated people was because they didn't know how to make a decent sidewalk.

My stupid ass, though I'm definitely smarter in other situations though like I've probably stated before, the universe hates me, was looking at my phone. Now, yeah, it was becoming a little crazy how I was staring at my phone so much but I was looking for the right picture, the one that would make me find the best guy out there. The phone was my number one priority at that moment, I didn't see that Theodore or Teddy was sitting on the curb and I didn't notice the sidewalk.

How I should have noticed the damn sidewalk.

A big piece of broken sidewalk wobbled wickedly under my foot, breaking my balance. As I fell slower than the Titanic, I saw my life and the shitty pavement flash between my eyes. Well, before I squeezed them tightly as reality and gravity came crashing down. I say, one of the best things about being a chubby, awkward girl beside not having to talk to someone is having a little extra cushion.