Day 2: Argentina

Day 2: Argentina

                       It was 9:07am on the clock over my TV. The same TV that I had bought from a boot sale; a few months back. You can already imagine its condition, not that I minded though it was something better than nothing. I heard a knock on the door. I barely got any guests except Liz, Cates’s mum. I opened the door curiously- some weird scenarios running in my head- since Liz told me they were going to New Zealand so there’d be no classes this week.

                        There in front me stood Gavin stood with a sheepish grin on his face. Surprised washed over me since I don’t remember telling him where I lived. So the question that was killing me on the inside finally came out. “Umm…How’d you… How did you know where I live?”

“I followed you yesterday night, I’m really sorry” he answered his face looked panicked. I giggled at the way he looked so innocent..

“Stalker much huh” I asked him amusement clear in my tone. He relaxed a bit after I said that.

“Come on in” I mumbled realizing he was still outside in the chilly winter air. What a lovely person I Am.*note the sarcasm* once he stepped in he looked around before saying

“Tania please pack I’m taking you somewhere. And pack enough don’t grumble later””

“Done” I replied just as he finished his stupid little sentence. “And I don’t grumble, well only sometimes,” I said shooting a glare that he responded to with a smirk.

“What?” he asked surprise evident in his tone.

“I always had a bag packed thinking one day someone would come and say ‘we’re going for a road trip’ but it never happened” I answered. It’s true,  I always wished someone would say that to me. Well I guess someone finally said that today but in a different way.

“Tanny-Panny that’s going to happen!” he said dragging my bags out of the door. I mentally was yelling at Cate for the silly name. But when he said it sounded so perfect. Wait, ignore that last sentence.

*An hour later*

 We were sitting on the plane to the country of my dreams. Argentina. I’d always wanted to go there. I wonder how he knew though.

“Gavin how’d you know I wanted to go to Argentina?”

“The tattoo on the side of your pinky” he replied confidently. A smile crept to my face. He had noticed that cheap little tattoo. But that was special about him. He noticed all those little things.

*7 hours later*

“Tania, wake up we’re in Buenos Aires” he said poking my side. From his voice I could tell how excited he was. So was I but I was used to it, used to hiding my true feelings under a mask, so the world would think something else and really I was feeling something else. Just as we were disembarking the plane he held my hand in his. My tiny one felt safe in his huge palm, it fit perfectly.

“Tanny-Panny reason two: Argentina” the way he whispered it just ticked my ear. I smiled but he was too busy looking ahead.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

please vote, comment and fan!!!

happy reading!