Day 1: Cate

Day 1: Cate

               I was walking around the park with Cate holding my hand. Cate was the little girl I take care of. She suffers from dyslexia. That didn’t change how much I loved her though. She had little brown locks and gorgeous emerald eyes; that you can stare into forever. Taking care of her, I used to get my little money that I used to use to pay bills and for my small apartment. But I’d take care of her any day, for not even a penny.

“Tania can we please, please, please get ice-cream?” her little four-year-old voice rang.

“Yes love, we could but you have to promise me something…” I answered.

“Anything Tanny-Panny” she said.

“OK, so tomorrow you’ll read seven words yeah? Promise?” I asked her sticking out my pinky.

“Pinky-promise Tanny-Panny” she said. Tanny-Panny that’s what she used to call me.

“Let’s go Caty-Patty before the line gets longer” she grumbled tugging onto my hand. We walked up to the ice-cream van.

“Tanny-Panny can you please tell the old ice-cream man I want strawberry?” she whispered in my ear a chuckle lacing her words.

“Hmm… Tanny-Panny, can you please tell him I want chocolate chip?” another voice rang from behind me. It sounded familiar, I just couldn’t figure out who it belonged to. I turned around to see Gavin standing behind me. Yesterday he said his from Yorkshire, and he just went to sit at the pier and be alone. The hoodie he was wearing covered his face slightly. I just chuckled and went to give their orders. For the first time Cate just kept quiet. Otherwise she’d be popping with questions. As I handed Gavin his ice-cream; he held onto my hand tight. That made me look straight into his piercing brown eyes.

“Your first reason; Cate” he whispered a thrill present in his voice.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey,

I know this is a really short chapter. If you have any confusion about who Gavinis he's the guy that saved Tania from killing herself in the previous chapter..Hope you liked it...Please

Vote(it takes only three seconds:) ) and comment...

keep reading..x