two

1st Pov. Marina
{1st Pov. Only in italics for thoughts}

I stood quietly next to my brother, as we waited to be seated. I held my brother's hand out of habit, as I looked around sort of nervous.

"Chill. And let go." Marin said, and he subtly, but roughly pulled his hand away.

I glared at him, and shoved him roughly to my left. The sound of crashing took my attention, but I didn't look back.

"Are you okay, honey?" My mother asked my brother, and she helped him up. I could fear the metaphorical daggers, Marin was shooting at me. But I shrugged it off and walked away towards our table.

"Go get cleaned, baby. We'll wait." My mother said, and I gave him and innocent smile.

My mother glared lightly at me as she sat down next to my father.

"Could you be civil for once?" My mother asked quietly, to not alert the other guests.

"Marin knows how it works. You don't, he acted like a jerk so I treated him like one. He knows how I am." I said back spitefully and my father looked at me.

"You did not need to act so jurassically about it." My father said with disappointment, and I shook my head.

"And this is why, I eat alone." I said, and grabbed my sweater that I had hung on my chair. I stood abruptly, and began to walk away from them.

"Dove." My father called but, I slid between the waiters and walked out of the dining room.

----

I stood out on the main house, second balcony. My eyes taking in the breaking of dusk, as the sun rapidly set.

I sighed at the sight, and pushed off the railing and walked down it.

"I got you from your ivy league schools, to woo the daughter and the women. Now do right, and act like a gentleman." Martin said to his waiters, as a group of men walked past him.

"Ah, the entiertainment group finally decided to show. I have rules for you all." Martin said, as stood directly in front of a man.

The man had dark hair, a strong jaw, strong figure. I stared at him as I leaned against the door to the room.

My eyes raking up his body head to toe. I paused as my eyes stared into his. I gasped lightly, as they connected for a second. I turned away and quickly walked away down towards the ballroom.