Chapter Fourteen: Plans, Pains and MORE Plans

Rory

I'm not a person to be easily fooled and I can pride myself on that fact. Or at least I thought I could. Most people say as a child they'd dream of their weddings and couldn't wait for the day when they could plan their own one day. It didn't help that the movies made wedding planning look a breeze.

But it's all a lie.

I hate this. So, so much.

If I were to be honest I can admit that when I was younger I never thought much about my wedding. What I dreamed about was travelling the world. I wanted to meet all kinds of people and taste the varieties of food it held because I was so trapped by my father.

And yet... Here I am.

"Are you listening to me Aura? We need to get back to work on this guest list. God we don't even have a venue yet. Summer weddings are the most expensive and hardest to book." Jamal rambles on looking down at a makeshift seating chart that I have no idea where he got it from.

"How do you know all of these things?" I ask trying to mask my fatigue.

We've been at this list for a day and half and already I'm tired of it. We're supposed to be going to a New Year's Eve party thrown by Trey tonight and I have no clue how I'm going to be able to stay up past midnight when I can barely keep my eyes open now.

Why didn't anyone tell me that weddings can be so tedious, strenuous and plain old exhausting?

"Have you forgotten I was engaged once before?" He recollects smiling to himself.

"No I have not and I don't think your ex wants anyone to forget that either." I mutter falling back onto the couch.

"I thought we said we weren't going to talk about that." He grounds out. I flash him a petty smile in response.

"Yes well sorry. Hard to get the image of her throwing herself at you out of my mind. Let's just get back to this so I can figure out what I'm going to wear tonight."

"It has to be something sexy. I want every man to know who you belong to." His voice is dripping with lust and I roll my eyes. Horn dog.

"I belong to myself and to my Lord. That's it."

"Once we get married Aura you will belong to me." He says snidely. I throw a pillow at his head and his eyes narrow.

"And will you belong to me?"

He hesitates before he answers.

Bad move.

"Of course. Whatever makes you happy. Now please let's finish this." He pats to the small fort of pillows we'd made around the coffee table but I can't seriously do it anymore. There's wedding books covering every inch of that table and even on the floor.

Wedding, wedding, wedding.

"No more babe please. Just make sure my mom and brother are near our head table and my friends from Houghton aren't too far off. That's all I'm asking."

I get up and walk to the bed room to change into some jeans and a shirt. Tying up my hair I throw on an army jacket and pick out a pair of runners.

"And what about your father?" His question makes me drop a shoe.

"What about him?"