Sesshomaru's thoughts were overtaken by Lyra words as he made his way to Kaijinbo's hut. He never thought the ability to bring someone back from the dead was classed as power. But she didn't understand the power he craved. The power he wanted. 'You brought back this little girl although you didn't have to. I think that's true power.' He closed his eyes for a few seconds, recalling her words before opening them again. What could a mere mortal know about power? She was just a human. Humans are simple creatures and know nothing of power in Sesshomaru's eyes. Pushing away all thoughts of Lyra, he returned to wondering why Jaken hadn't returned with his sword.

***

Lyra had taught Rin the game of Eye Spy and they ended up playing it for quite a while until they both ran out of things to find. They had set up another little fire and they both sat opposite each other in silence. Lyra was thinking about home and Rin was holding her knees to her chest.

Rin suddenly sighed. "What could be taking Lord Sesshomaru so long?"

Just then, both Sesshomaru and Jaken came into sight, the latter holding A-Un's reigns, making a huge smile appear on Rin's face. Lyra found it sweet how happy she got. They could hear Jaken complaining about Kaijinbo disappearing with the sword that Sesshomaru had commissioned him to make. Rin got up and began to run towards them as Lyra stood up.

"Lord Sesshomaru!" Rin laughed.
Sesshomaru's expression suddenly turned serious. "Stop, Rin. Do not move."

She instantly froze on the spot and fell silent. Lyra followed Sesshomaru's gaze to the trees but saw nothing. He suddenly jumped into the air towards the trees, preparing his claws before slashing a few of them, cutting them cleanly and causing them to crash to the ground. Lyra took a step back to dodge anything that might fly her way whilst lifting her arm up to shield herself. But she spotted a woman flip away to avoid being injured.

"Get behind me, Lyra," Sesshomaru ordered.

She did as he said but couldn't help but peer around him in curiosity. The woman in the trees had landed not too far in front of Sesshomaru. She was fairly beautiful, Lyra had to admit. She wore a traditional kimono with a yellow sash around her waist. She held a fan in her hand but it was closed and she wore beaded jewellery. Her ears were pointed and her eyes were red. 'A demon?'

"A woman," Sesshomaru stated in surprise.
Jaken sniffed the air. "I know that scent. She smells much like the strange beast that offered to lend you the severed human arm. The demon that disguised himself with a baboon pelt," he exclaimed. "His wretched plan took us to hell and back! Curse him! Your arm was almost burned off! And I was almost beaten to a pulp by that monk!"
"Monk?" Lyra muttered to herself. She wondered if it was the same monk she had met.
"Simply recalling that incident makes me ill," he shuddered.
"I recall the scent," Sesshomaru said in agreement. "It is the same as the beast that attempted to trap me. The one who's known as Naraku."
The woman smirked. "So, you must be Inuyasha's brother, Sesshomaru. You're very clever," her smirk deepened. "I am Kagura; the wind sorceress. An incarnation of Naraku."
"Incarnation?"
"Correct. Sesshomaru, the fangs you delivered to Kaijinbo was from a demon called Goshinki," she began to explain. "Like me, he was created from Naraku."
"All very interesting," Sesshomaru replied with an unamused tone. "But did you search me out to simply tell me this?"
"Hm." Kagura spread out her fan flawlessly and held it over her lips. "Can you not detect its scent? Tokijin reeks of Goshinki's aura. It is closer than you think."

A sudden strong gust of wind blew around her and nearly knocked Lyra off her feet. Had she not grabbed hold of Sesshomaru's arm, she would have gone flying. She struggled as she closed her eyes tight, both hers and Sesshomaru's hair being blown upwards by the wind. Kagura then flew off on a large feather causing the winds to settle as she looked down at them.