Six

As the crescent moon shone brightly in the midst of the darkness of the night filled with the salty mist and crisp in the cold air, sitting by the wooden window of my room, Luna entered my head for the hundredth time... a thousandth, maybe.

"Oh, Luna...", I whispered with a sigh; wishing she were here right now. The night was silent; nothing but the sound of the wind whipping the grass from below, the swaying leaves of trees and my own hard breathing could be heard, and there was the fresh scent of pure nature everywhere.

Seeing a piece of paper in my study table and a pen with black ink, I thought of writing a letter for her. I sat down on my bed putting a small soft pillow on my lap and started to write the letter - yearning for her presence - with my hands shivering.

Luna,

Uhm... Hi... I miss you.

I stopped for a while not knowing what to write next. I had nothing else to say and she would never be able to read it anyway. A tinge of pain, guilt and regret inside me caused my heart to pound faster as I unconsciously wrote my last words...

I am so so so sorry. It was my fault. You shoudn't have died. I am so sorry.

A drop of a single tear fell on the paper I was writing on, and eventually, it got fully wet with my own tears causing the letters to mess up.

I tore the paper into pieces making sure it could no longer be readable enough even after trying to put them up together, and threw it into the trash can beside the table.

I opened the little drawer of my study table and returned the pen that I used. Feeling the tears uncontrollably falling down my cheeks, I lied down burying my face into my pillow and closed my eyes trying to forget everything; Luna, the pain, our memories together and my mistake.

And slowly...

I fell asleep in agony.