Three

Today, I was sitting here in the class. Mrs. Wellington was discussing a Math lesson but all her words seemed to had just passed my ears without even leaving a trace in my brain. As the Greyson Chance song said, I was "surrounded by people and nothing but sound" yet I still felt so alone.

I could see Luna's seat empty but I could picture her there sitting and listening so attentively.

I remembered when she would glance at me during Math class and would make a 'thumb up' sign asking me if I understood the lesson and of course, I would always respond with our 'thumb down' sign. Then after the class, she would explain it to me until I would understand it well enough.

"Clang! Clang!", the school bell rang and I was awakened to reality.

"This will be your homework. See you tomorrow," Mrs. Wellington said.

A picture of Luna fell from my notebook as I put it back into my backpack.

She was gone... She was gone... I had to move on...

But how? Something in my head bothered me every time. Every time I'd wake up, when I'd eat, when I'd go to school, when I'd walk passing the Claro building, when I was in the class, before I'd sleep, and even in my dreams.

I couldn't... Guilt was swallowing me inside.

The letter.

For everyone, it was a mystery. But for me, it was not anymore, it had never been a mystery. I couldn't sleep at night knowing whom that letter came from, and the questions of the world "why did she jump".

Who should I tell? And how? I thought I must keep it forever...

I'm so sorry, Luna.