Chapter 25// And Don't Say You'll See

Start from the beginning

Trace holds his hands up and backs up, "this is why we brought you."

I cock my head to the side, "I don't get it."

Trace looks over at Hannah, then back at me. Then she looks over at Keith and Jace and nods over to the hallway that leads to the kitchen. "I'll stay with her."

"I still don't get it," I say impatiently.

Keith and Jace start walk into the hallway and look back causing me to jump, "Oh! You want me to follow you! Okay!" I start running after them into the hallway.

      "Okay, you can talk now," I say getting impatient as we walk through the many hallways.

     Jace starts first, "Bryce broke up with Hannah."

      My eyes buckle and I freeze, "he did what!"

      "Yeah she hasn't been the-" instead of listening to Keith I start running towards the kitchen where I'll probably find Bryce. I bang my head on a wall on the way there. That's when I see Bryce his back turned talking to someone.

      "BRYCE F*CKING ANDERSON WHAT THE H*LL DID YOU DO TO HANNAH!"

      Bryce turns around and makes eye contact with me than turns around again to start talking to the man. "Yeah give me a second, I'll be right back."

     I wiped his flour coated hands on his jeans. "Yes?"

He walks into the hallway and leans against the wall not even looking guilty. "You don't want me to cuss again do you because I'm pretty sure I've done it enough today than I should in a lifetime!"

"But it was only like five times."

"Exactly!"

"Can you get to the point there are cookies in the oven and I don't want them burnt."

I scoff, "cookies?"

"Yeah," he says in a sarcastic tone.

"You just broke up with my friend, she's in a mess. She can't even talk to anyone clearly! And all you can worry about is the cookie your baking, Bryce? The other guys actually try to fix what you did, what you caused and your acting cool and collected like always, your not even acting guilty! What's wrong with you?"

"I-"

I cut him off, 'I'm not done yet! I don think I'm the problem here Bryce! It's you! I thought I actually changed you guys! You tried to change me the moment you met me like I was wrong. Like I was part of what was wrong with the world. No! The thing that's wrong is you! You dad was wrong about that. Just like I was wrong about actually trusting that you wouldn't hurt Hannah." I take a breath and soften my voice a bit, "You were her first boyfriend you know, her first kiss."

"That's what my dad always told me..."

My hands still shake from anger as I respond, "what?"

"You know about me being what's wrong with the world..." His voice trails off again and I see tears prickling in his eyes like Hannah's were. "It's why I ran away from home in the first place."

"You're not-what," I sputtered looking at him. "You're not what's wrong with the world, Bryce. I'll tell you what you are though, you're a player. You don't care about anything that doesn't involve you. You break up with people for no reason, you-"

"There was a reason."

"What."

"What do you mean?"

"I don't get it."

"There is a reason I broke up with Hannah," Bryce says as he starts fidgeting.

"And that is?"

"You really want to know?"

      "Yeah," I say tapping my foot.

      "I-I like..." He stops and starts scratching the back of his neck.

       "So you're saying you like someone else," I suggest.

      "But I still dated Hannah to get closer to her," he says looking me strait in the eye.

     "And that is..." I push.

      "It's umm...Lindsey."

      I feel like my heart skips a beat, "no."

      "No what, I just admitted that I like Lindsey."

      "I realize that I just gotta go-" I say turning on my heal but Bryce grabs my wrist first and pins it onto the wall. "Umm Bryce..."

     "Yeah," he says calmly grabbing my other hand with the same hand and pinning them on my left side.

     "What are you doing?"

     "Oh," he says looking at both of my hands that are pinned against the cream colored wall. "I just wanted to see your nails. That teal looks nice" he says and let's go of me. Yeah um, don't tell anyone about Lindsey, got it?"

     "Yeah...um got it. Can you back away from me know your stepping on my foot," he looks down.

    "On yeah sorry," he steps back and run's back into the kitchen, leaving me there looking at my brown ugg.

      "Ah great now it has a shoe print on it!"

~~~~*~~~~

Hi.

I bet most of you *cough* Writer01302005 thought that Bryce was going to possibly assault Ashley knowing you, BUT NAH! Bryce isn't like that.

And for you BellaBlue856 , you might've thought that Bryce was talking about Ashley when he said he was dating Hannah to get close to her.

The only normal prediction was pinkyrosejem , she sized that Kimber would come back alive and start a zombie apocalypse. I actually considered changing my plans ad using that. I'd also change my story from teenfiction to supernatural and make this book me like My Zombie Girlfriend. Trace would date a zombified Kimber...

Bye.

🍕Comment and Vote!🍕

-Hatay