Chapter 4// No You Don't They're Just Skin Blobs

     I don't have a video on say no to bullying today, instead I will be talking about a speech my teacher gave us today because it was the last day of school, he's my math teacher. It might be a little summed up, because I DIDN'T MEMORIZE IT!

      "I don't care if you walk out of my room today with straight A's for everything, I don't give a crap wether you know a subject or not, I want you to walk out of this classroom being a good person.

     "I'm telling you this because I wasn't. About six years ago I got laid downfrom a job,that's when things started to go down hill for me. There was a lot of screaming with me and my wife and from my kids. So one day, I just left. I left my crying daughter and son and wife. I opened the door with my car keys and my wallet and left.

     "Later that month I got a call from ............. and they hired me to be a math teacher for........... Middle School where you guys go. I taught, I teach advanced math for 6th through 8th grade. My son had just started to go here he was in 6th grade like y'all. I was his teacher.

     "Imagine that. Coming to school every morning and seeing your dad go on and on about a subject looking at him in disgust, than listening to your friends and other students talk about how cool he is, how fun he is, knowing none of it is true. Then going home without him being there.

      "When I realized this I stopped. I stopped teaching completely for a week and thought. I wasn't being a good role model for my son or my daughter. So, I changed I knew there was some good inside me. It's why I had stayed teaching. To help.

       "Soon, I had fixed everything with my son and my wife accepted me back into my house and we built everything together again. We started everything new.

     "I learned how to be good.

     "We're not setting a good model for you guys my generation just didn't. We tell you not to talk back yet we do it all the time. We tell you not to curse, but it's the couple of words that most of us use in every sentence.

     "I see you guys, not just you but everyone. Bullying each other about the  stupidest reason. Not knowing that what you say to the receiver will hurt them, you see it on the news, A Young boy your age did suicide because of it!

      "You guys are blessed...

      "That's what I'm getting at. You guys are the academic leaders in your grade. But I see it, you guys brag not thinking about it. You guys were blessed with that mind.

      "Now I don't feel what religion you are or the crap about what politic groups you support, you know you were blessed with that brilliant mind.

      "You've got the brains, I know you will have an excellent future ahead of you. I know that. I can guarantee it. You guys are great.

     "But it doesn't matter if your great it matters if your good. If you respect each other's rights. Because you guys are all Human in the end, so act like it. You guys have a fantastic future ahead of you, but the point is what you choose to do with it."