Chapter 19// It's Happening

A/N:  TRIGGER WARNING. Attempted Suicide.

~~~~*~~~~

I get a phone call from Trace a few minutes after the last bell rings, Jace wasn't at school today. Kimber was getting worse yesterday, she had already had a blood donation by Keith. Turns out that the bullet wound wasn't fully healed when they finally let her stand up and walk, she started coughing up blood and fell down breaking a few rips that collapsed in her lung.

After that they made that conclusion after the x-Ray they wouldn't let anyone in even Jace or her parents. I was walking with Hannah to her car, she was going to drop me off. "Ashley!"

I put a hand on Hannah's arm stopping her from walking as I did too, "what? Where are you?"

"Kimber-" That's all he needed to say for me to grab Hannah's hand and drag her towards the car, I immediately sat in the drivers seat as Hannah sat in the seat next to me. I hung up the call with Trace before he could say anything.

"What are you doing?"

"Kimber-Hospital-Now!" I breath my heart pounding, I rush through the traffic trying not to break the speed limit as we pull up to the hospital where Kimber is.

I see Bryce and Keith running in through the hospital doors with Lindsey holding Keith's hand trailing behind them trying to keep up with the.

"What's happening?" Hannah keeps asking as we run through the hospital. I turn at the corners that I've mesmerized passing by the waiting room to Kimber's room. The room I spent about an hour at for the past two weeks.

Standing there is Bryce, Keith and Lindsey all standing behind Jace. Kimber's parents are in one side of her looking at Kimber. Jace is gripping Kimber's hand.

The nurse is over Kimber pressing the buttons in some machine that measures her heartbeat which is decreasing by the minutes. Hannah rushes is to stand by Lindsey.

Kimber's eyes are closed and her stomach rises up and down slowly. Jace lets go of Kimber's hand and stands by Bryce. They aren't taking just waiting. I'm standing by the doorway inside of the room in shock.

There is a gauze wrapped around Kimber's stomach. There's blood seeping through, my breathe hitches in my through the when I see it. All of a sudden we here coughing noises breaking me from my trance.

Kimber.

I finally walk over slowly next to Jace who doesn't even bother to look at me. I see his lip trembling as he looks at Kimber who keeps coughing. Her parents rush over to touch her but the nurse shakes her head.

The heart monitor starts beeping faster and faster and Kimber's heart beat picks up.

Kimber's eyes open and they meet with me. Her eyes start to twitch uncontrollably and her hands start to shake and she puts them back at her side. We all quickly rush quickly towards her.

She starts taking deep breaths. The nurse backs up muttering something under her breath. She looks at me again, "Meagan?"

I shake my head and hold her cold hand, "No it's Ashley."

"Oh," she breaths in between coughs. She closes her eyes and doesn't open them. She starts muttering something under her breath. She opens them once more and looks at Jace, "Meagan."