"I w-" " I think it's getting a little too obvious and creepy that you are obsessed with Asaad Khaled, who doesn't even seem to care about your existence. You're obviously just hurt that he's my partner and not yours. But don't worry, I could help you talk to him and see if he likes you back, okay?" I was boiling with anger at this point, but I felt good because I knew what I had said had taken her aback and stung her. She was also clearly feeling embarrassed since a lot of the other students were watching us. Amna was about to respond when Imaan cut her off.

"We are NOT interested in what you have to say and we were about leaving anyways" Imaan spat out, grabbing my arm as we headed out.

From the corners of my eyes, I spotted Asaad sitting at a corner.

I looked away immediately so we wouldn't make any eye contact because it would be awkward

×××××

"I told you, the only way you're gonna have him help you out, is if you talk to him" Imaan said, as we strolled out of the school building.

"I tried"

"Try harder"

"But he's so annoying"

"Oh! There he is! Quick, talk to him" She exclaimed, as we spotted him walking towards his car. I wasn't going to embarrass myself again, so I shook my head.

He opened the door and was about to climb in, when Imaan, being the drama queen she was, shouted his name.

"Asaad! Asaad Khaled! Wait!"

Oh no. NO

This wasn't going to end well.

She grabbed my arm, as she quickened her pace towards him. He paused, searching for the voice, until his eyes landed on us. Not really his eyes, because he was wearing sunshades.

We stopped at the space between his car and the one beside his and Imaan pushed me to the front.

"Elham, has something to tell you" she mentioned , pushing me towards him.
He took off his sunshades and gave a look that probably meant he was listening.

Sometimes, I wonder if this girl is crazy.

She knows he's just gonna ignore me and walk away.
Why did she even have to push me like that?

He was watching me, waiting for me to speak and before I could say anything, she decided to make it worse.

"I'll be waiting for you over there. Don't keep me waiting" she said, and winked afterwards.

Why did she even wink.

What was that even supposed to mean.

I decided to stay positive, he was going to be nice this time around InshaaAllah.
I looked into his grey eyes that glistened under the sunlight, giving them a shiny silver tone. I looked down to take in his appearance. He was wearing a plain black T-shirt and black trouser making me realize he was actually always dressed on all black.
He turned to enter his car, making me realize i was standing there without saying anything. Embarassed that he probably thought I was checking him out, i blushed a crimson red and thankfully, he could not see it.

"Noooo! Please hear me out" I begged.

Did I sound to desperate? Hopefully not.

He stopped but did not turn. "Look, I know you probably hate me and don't want me around you but please, we have a project to work on and I thought I could do it alone but I can't, I don't even have an idea where to start from. It's been only a week and I've only gotten one paragraph and it's truly sad and I'm just worried about getting a fail on this subject. I've never failed and I just need you to please and please be cooperative so we can work this thing out and get good grades and I won't disturb you again once it's over, but please, don't ignore me and leave" The words rolled out of my mouth quickly, and I was now feeling a weird sense of satisfaction as he turned to face me.

Biting the inside of my cheeks,I looked up at him, a worried expression plastered on my face.

Seconds passed by and he still said nothing. I decided to just walk away, realizing he was never going to speak, until he stopped me.

"Wait" his voice was calm.

I turned back to look at him. He looked away, seeming uncomfortable.

"Alright. Tomorrow,Let's meet up at the Library" he said, and I noticed the faint British accent that lingered in his voice.

He nodded, I guess his way of saying goodbye. Because he got into his car and drove off.

Leaving me stunned.

I turned to Imaan and she also looked stunned, actually, everyone around who had scene the whole thing was now looking shocked.

I smiled.

The good news was, I probably wasn't going to get an 'F' anymore and the bad thing was, i was going to be on the cover of West high's weekly gossip magazine.

******

Don't forget to vote and comment!
Xoxo.