Chapter 14: It's Not That Bad

Damon's P.O.V.

"I think she's in room, crying, what do I do?", I asked Dean.

"Go comfort her.", he said.

"How do I do that?", I asked again.

"Start with hug.", he said.

"With what?"

Bonnie's P.O.V.

I'm pretty sure I have ruined my own life, my future. This isn't that bad, that was for sure. I mean, this kind of life have it's benefits. But it was fair to say that people and most of his family tormented me. And I hated it, and them. I also hate that I have to be married to the man I don't love. I will never experience true love.

A knock at the door made me to wipe my tears.

"Can I come in?", I heard Damon's voice.

"No.", I said.

"Come on, I just wanna talk.", I think of a thousand witty comebacks, a lot involving you swearing, but settle on.

"No!", I raised my voice.

The handle moves despite my firm disagreement and a he appears.

"I'm sorry...", he apologized again.

"I already told you, it's not your fault…", but it kind of was, because of all the girls he picked me.

"Yes, it is.", I give him my best evil stare, and fold my arms across my chest. "Have you been crying?", casting my eyes down I stare at the smattering of flour against my sleeve, and sigh.

"I never meant to make you unhappy.", he steps fully into the room, and has the decency to look abashed as he closes the door behind him.

"Why did you pick me?", I asked.

"Because of my mother.", I can’t think of anything to say.

I'm shocked into silence at his honesty.

"I wanted her to get mad.", he shrugs this time, and I feel myself bubble with anger.

"Thing is though; I thought you would enjoy this kind of life. Every girl would.", the bubble began to boil.

"I. Am. Not. Every. Girl."

"Yeah, I can see that now.", he looks at the floor, how I manage to fight the temptation of hitting him hard across his face I don’t know, but I manage.

Instead curling my hands into fists at my side.

"Thing is though Bonnie I enjoyed.", my nails cut into my palms as I tighten my fists.

"I like thinking about you, and spending time with you. Even if it is a few minutes."

"What?", I was confused.

"I thought that this life with you will be a nightmare, but it turns out it's not that bad.", he smiled.