Chapter 11: You Will See Me Again

"No!! I don't wanna goo! We just got here!!!", I whined to Damon as he pulled me up to our new hotel room in France.

"We have to! The president wants us there, I need you there.", he told me.

I sighed and let him pull me to the bedroom.

"Just tell them I'm sick.", I said, trying to find an excuse to get out of the formal event. "I'll just ruin it! You know I would rather stay here!", he looked over at me and rolled his eyes.

I scowled and flopped down on the bed. He rustled through the closet, looking for a dress.

"Do you have any dresses in here!?", he shouted.

He picked up a couple dresses. It took a little while, but he finally found a dress. It was white dress, it was very open, you could practically see my boobs.

"It's perfect!", Damon said as he took it out.

I rolled my eyes, grabbed the dress and went in the bathroom to put it on. I came out and turned around for him to see. They widened his eyes when he saw me.

 They widened his eyes when he saw me

"Perfect, an Ice-princess look. Queen actually.", Damon said as he put the mask over my eyes. "Alright, let's go down.", he said.

We walked down the hall of the big mansion of Mr.President and his wife. We came to the stairs before the front door. I sighed as I saw the people gathering in front, all ready to go the masquerade. Damon walked down the steps and I got my courage and followed him.

"You look amazing today.", Dean stated as he turned toward us, smiling through his mask.

I nodded while, Damon looked at him weird.

"You sure you can do this? Especially after...you know?", Dean asked softly in my ear.

"Does it look like I have a choice with him?" I asked, giving him a look.

He chuckled and we went into the ballroom. I nodded at each guest as they greeted us. I moved away from Damon as some people came over. I looked over my shoulder, seeing Damon talking with 5 girls. They all looked familiar...But with the mask I couldn't tell.

I walked over to the buffet and stood next to it. I looked at the food, but turned away. I looked over to the dance floor, seeing couples dancing away...All of them looking so happy.

'Like I will never be', I thought to myself.

I fiddled with my dress as I heard someone to clear their throat. I snapped my head up, seeing Damon.

"What's a pretty girl like you not doing on the dance floor?", he flirted.
"May I have this first dance?", he asked quietly.

I nodded, smiling at him.

"Why not?", I wondered out loud.

He smiled back at me and lead me down to the floor. He grabbed my waist as a song came on and more couples came across the floor.

The song 'Mirrors' came on. I smiled as I recognized the song. He raised an eyebrow and I told him that this was one of my favorite songs.

The night was coming to a end at the clock struck midnight. The guests were ushered out and Damon grabbed my hand as we went outside to the car.

"Oh snap I forgot my phone inside I'll be right back.", I remembered.

"Okay.", Damon said getting in the car.

I run inside and bump into a guy wearing a hoodie.

"Oh my God, I'm sooo sorry.", I apologized.

"It's okay and umm...here I think you forgot this.", he said giving me my phone back.

"Oh, yeah. Thanks. You're a life saver, this has everything in it all my pictures and everything thank you so much.", I thanked him.

"Yeah, I bet.", he looks down evily.

"Well umm...what's your name? Mine is Bonnie.", I introduced myself.

Just when he wanted to say his name and put his hood down, I heard a honk.

"Oh, I gotta go. I hope to see you again.", I smiled.

"You'll see me again. And I'm Stefan.", he smirks.