chapter five.

k e l s e y
Benny and I walked hand in hand down the road. We decided the leave the party since Benny beat up Philips and the cops got called. I wanted to leave because I wanted to talk to Benny about the kiss.

We walked to this abandoned building then walked to back of if. There was bottles, shopping carts, wrappers, and many other things scattered on the ground. The place looked sad, but looked poetic at the same time.

I picked up a bottle, but Benny grabbed my hand.

"Are you gonna throw that?" he asked.

"That was my plan," I said.

"That's vandalism Kelsey. I don't want you going to prison,"

"I'm not gonna go to prison. It's an abandoned building. I don't see any cops,"

"Fine,"

I threw the bottle at the cement and saw all of the glass a scatter on the ground. I stared at the broken glass, remembering my dad. I remember the car accident so well. I remember the broken glass, the blood, the sight of my dad laying on the hood of the car because he got throw. I remember it all so fucking well.

"We should get home," Benny said, grabbing my hand in his. I nodded and looked at the broken glass one more time.

Benny walked me home that night. I told him I didn't mean to say 'I wanna be bad for you'. Honestly, it was just in the moment. He said it was hot, but he didn't seem to mind it. He said the kiss was magical. I agreed. Then he left to go home.

I walked into the house to see the kitchen trashed. Almost all the plates were broken, the silverware was scattered everywhere, and the table was  flipped over. It was a mess.

I soon made my way up to my room, but decided to peak into my moms room. Her and Randy were sound asleep. I was thankful he wasn't awake. I walked into my room and changed into a baggy shirt that was my dads. I turned the light out, laid down, then fell asleep.

                         b e n n y
I walked inside my house and saw my dad sitting on the couch with a beer in his hand. I rolled my eyes at the sight of my pathetic father. I took my jacket off then walked into the kitchen. My mom was sitting at the table cutting up potatoes. She had on her work clothes, meaning she just got home.

"Hi momma." I kissed her head and grabbed a Coke bottle from the fridge.

"Hello baby," she said, smiling weakly at me.

"How was work?"

"Exhausting,"

"I'm sorry. I can get a job," I said.

"No Benny. You are a teenager. You will work once you are a man," she told me.

"What are you two talking about?" my father snapped. I rolled my eyes once more. He pisses me off so much.

"About how you need to get off you lazy ass and get a job," I growled.

"Benny!"

"Don't disrespect me boy!" His hand soon collided with my cheek. I raised my hand, but he caught it. He dragged me outside to the garage and then to his tools. He placed my hand on some wood and punched my hand about 18 times. He then picked up a small hammer. He slammed it down on my hand as I cried out in pain.

My mom watched in fear. I looked at my hand to see all purple. It was throbbing and bruising. My dad then dragged my mom inside as I sat on the garage floor. I clutched my hand, wincing at the pain.

I stood up and made my way to Kelsey's house. I walked over to her window. I picked a up a pebble, tossing at her window. I picked up about 6 more and did the same thing.

Then Kelsey appeared at her window. She looked at me then pointed to the front door. I walked onto the porch and she let me inside. We made our way up to her room, being as quiet as possible.

"What happened?" Kelsey asked, closing her door then locking it.

"My dad is what happened," I said. She looked at my hand then back at my face.

(image of Benny's hand in media box)

"What did he do you?" she asked, lifting my hand up. I winced in pain for a moment.

"He punched it about 18 times then slammed a hammer on it," I answered.

She looked up at me. There was sadness in her eyes. Sadness for what my dad did to me. She cupped my cheek then pressed her lips to my forehead.

"I'm so sorry Benny,"

"It's okay Kels,"

"Can you still play baseball?" she asked, looking at my hand.

"Probably not for a while," I said.

I looked at her to see that she was only wearing a shirt. The shirt hung loosely on her body and came down to her mid thighs. She looked so adorable.

"Nice outfit," I said as a smile formed on my lips. She looked down, blushing.

"Whatever." She smiled then punched my arm. I looked at the beautiful, sleepy girl before me.

"So, tell me Benny 'the jet' Rodriguez, why haven't you told about your heroic event that happened?" she asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Saving the baseball that Small's hit over Mr. Mertle's fence,"

"I don't know. I guess I never thought about it,"

She looked at for a moment. She studied my face, eyes, then my lips. She ran her finger over my lips. She then traced my jaw, causing a groan to escape my lips.

Her arms wrapped around my neck and I wrapped mine around her waist. She hugged me so tight, so hard.

"You are a hero Benny,"  

a/n: hello babes. i'm back. i hope you guys enjoy this update. thank you for all the love and support. stay strong, beautiful, and fierce. i love ya 🖤
-kg